DirecTV web site login screen crashing Firefox

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cartrivision, Mar 11, 2009.

1. cartrivision

cartrivision Hall Of Fame

Jul 25, 2007
    Is anyone else having Firefox 3.0.7 crash when navigating to the directv.com login screen? It does it every time for me. I haven't logged in for a while but I never had any problems with Firefox on the DirecTV site before.

2. Denman

Denman Cool Member

Jan 12, 2008
    It is fine using Firefox 3.07 no problems here.

3. tmorton269

tmorton269 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Worked fine for both Mac and Vista PC.

4. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    No problems here either - Firefox 3.0.7 on XP SP3

5. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    Fine here with 3.0.7 on PC and Mac...

6. cartrivision

Jul 25, 2007
    Thanks for all your replies. I tracked it down to it being a problem with the Noscript Add-on. If I disable the add-on it doesn't crash. Just allowing scripts globally from within Noscript doesn't prevent the crash. Is anyone else using the Noscript add-on?

7. bpjones

bpjones Cool Member

Jul 5, 2008
    There must be something else wrong with your setup. Noscript works fine here for me in FF 3.0.7.

8. cartrivision

Jul 25, 2007
    Since I don't crash when Noscript is disabled, and always do when it is enabled, I suspect that I have my Noscript configured differently than you. There is a non-trivial number of configuration options under the Noscript options settings, so this may not be easy to track down.

9. IcedOmega13

IcedOmega13 Legend

Mar 3, 2008
    I have a similar issue running noscript, but can't live without it. the internet is trying to kill my computer. :D

10. denvertrakker

denvertrakker Legend

Feb 5, 2009
    Colorado
    OK here too. FF 3.0.7, NoScript 1.9.0.8. Got nervous when I saw your post, so I logged into my account to be sure - yep, no problems. You might want to either delete and re-download NoScript, or see if there's a way to go to default settings for it. I've had several sites crash with FF, but never DirecTV's.

....although that site is slooooooooower than anything I've ever seen.

11. fredandbetty

fredandbetty Godfather

Jan 28, 2007
    Fine here also running FF 3.0.7 and vista

12. gfrang

gfrang Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    Just installed no script on ff 3.0.7this is what i got when trying to log in.
    directv.com will not function properly with Javascript disabled. Please enable Javascript in your browser.

13. huskerhead

huskerhead AllStar

Oct 27, 2002
    Thought it was just me. Directv.com is the only website crashing firefox for me.

14. denvertrakker

denvertrakker Legend

Feb 5, 2009
    Colorado
    That's NoScript doing exactly what it's supposed to do. A great many sites won't run properly without Java enabled. The great thing about NoScript is that it gives you a choice of what to activate. You can enable the site itself without enabling all the 3rd-party offsite nonsense, which runs all those annoying banner ads and such.:nono: