1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv WiFi DECA Wireless CINEMA CONNECTION KIT

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JohnQ, Aug 4, 2013.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ Cool Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Freshwater...
    Just got a WiFi DECA Wireless Cinema Connection Kit. Started to put it together and hook it up to one of my H25's. Then I remembered that in about a month I will be moving that H25 to another location (motorhome) and putting into it's place a H24-500 DVR. If I do the setup of the Cinema Connection Kit on the H25, will it be a problem on the H-25 after I move it, i.e., the H25 thinking it should have the kit between it and an antenna? If it would cause a problem after the move, is there a way to "Un-Setup?"

2. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I have never used the wireless CCK so I am not sure if it will somehow leave settings behind on the H25, but it is very simple to rerun network setup after you move the receiver. You can also reset to defaults, etc.

I've switched from a wired CCK to direct ethernet and back as well as switching which receiver is directly connected to the internet with no problems at all.

3. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    You won't need to do anything, just don't connect the Ethernet cable to the HR24. It has a built in DECA and the WCCK will still be providing the link from your coax to your router.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    FWIW, the CCK does not need to be connected to a receiver at all, as long as is connected to the SWM splitter (network). if no receiver is to be used, replaced the terminator that it is included with the CCK on the "to receiver" port