1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV will only activate a THR22-100 in a few cities?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by Fish Man, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Fish Man

Fish Man Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    I currently have 2 DirecTV HD-DVR's (an HR20-100 and HR20-700) and one SD TiVo based DVR (R10).

I'm very interested in getting a THR22 to replace the SD R10, but if you look at DirecTV's web site it says that the THR22 is "only available" in Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Sacramento, CA, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Washington, DC.

I live in the New Orleans DMA.

So, that means if I order one online (from, Solid Signal, for example), DirecTV will refuse to activate it? (Or, perhaps, refuse to give me my locals on it?)

WTF? :mad:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    They'll activate it. You just can get one via DirecTV unless you're in those initial rollout cities.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I believe my friend means You can't get one from DIRECTV unless you're in one of those rollout cities. Third parties are providing them as well.

4. Fish Man

Fish Man Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Thanks.

That makes sense.

It's just weird that DirecTV used wording like "only available in"...

In this day and age, when everyone orders lots of stuff online, where something may be physically stocked doesn't matter anymore, and it seemed odd that DirecTV seemed to be trying to regionalize it that way.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    In the past they've done that to limit the speed of the rollout, to control the number of activation and other CSR calls.

6. corvair61

corvair61 Cool Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I'm in texas and they let me get it. Call them and push for it. If you don't try it will certainly not happen. Don't listen to all these experts. They will tell you it cannot be done. It can.