1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV2PC download site down?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kirkus, Oct 21, 2008.

1. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006
  2. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    That link works fine for me... Try clearing all temp internet files...

3. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006

AirRocker - Did you continue on to the beta download page? The link I posted pulls up alright, but the "download beta" link on that page goes to a parental controls warning, and then to the beta download page at cyberlink where I get the "access error" message.

That final link is here:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/event/2008/directv2pc/enu/index.jsp

4. Greg Alsobrook

Apr 1, 2007
    I was able to continue all the way through just fine... but the link you just posted does give me the access error... Apparently, you have to start from the original link for it to work... Did you try to close out IE, clear all temp, and try that first link again?

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    The sever may over loaded I'm only getting 20.KB or less on it.

6. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006
    How odd. I've cleared all histories, linked from the start and still go to the error page. Can you post the link to the actual "advisor" download?

7. Greg Alsobrook

Apr 1, 2007
    hmm... well, that page gives me the access error too unless I follow from the first link...

do you have cookies enabled? what browser are you using?

8. DBSooner

DBSooner Legend

Sep 23, 2008
    Yea same here. A 30 mb download is taking 30+ minutes.

9. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006
    Thought I had it figured out - was deleting histories, not temp internet files, but after deleting both, still getting sent to access error page

10. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006
    Figured it out. Some combination of Virus Protection and IE Pop-Up Blocker. Downloading now - s l o w l y.

11. robdec

robdec Legend

Jul 12, 2007
    Download was VERY slow for me and I never received the email :( Not in the spam box either.

12. kirkus

kirkus AllStar

Mar 20, 2006

Mine took about 30 minutes, but I got the email immediately after download completed.

13. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    Link returns error at Cyberlink. No firewall, no pop up blocker and on both IE and FireFox.

ACCESS ERROR
    This page cannot be displayed. To access information about DIRECTV2PC, please go to www.directv.com/directv2pc.

:nono:

14. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
  15. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Download was very slow here, too. Firefox usually shows time remaining and a progress bar but didn't this time. E-mail showed up a couple minutes after download completed.

The good news is that the program installed and worked on my new Vista Compaq laptop with absolutely no problems. :D

Advisor had a few "upgrades" in the results, but these turned out to be items that met the minimum requirements list rather than the recommended requirements list.

16. DTVpelham

DTVpelham New Member

May 11, 2007
    Question for the group..so if we can now stream recordings on our DVR to our PC....can we hope then that streaming between DVR units might be on the near horizion:)??? PLEASE:)!

Michael

17. BK EH

BK EH Legend

Oct 3, 2005
    I did.
    I even logged in first to see if that changed things.
    No go.

18. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
  19. PlanetBill

PlanetBill Icon

May 8, 2006
    getting access error on both computers, more ideas?

20. irish65

irish65 New Member

Jan 27, 2006