1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRT assistance please on international channels....

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mnassour, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Aug 2, 2012 #1 of 11
    mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    A few questions about international programming and exactly what is on which channel, if you don't mind.

I'd like to sign up for the International Basic Pack, with the French Bouquet, but have some questions as to exactly what is on which channel. Mainly, which channels are in English and which are in French.

For example: Euronews appears on 9793 in the Bouquet, and the IBP. Is this channel in English or Portuguese? I have been told varying things by the phone CSRs. The description on the website says both. Does this mean part of the day in English and part in Portuguese, or are there different audio carriers?

France 24 is on 660 in the IBP and 9862 in the Bouquet. Can you tell me which is English and which is French?

The same question for Trace Urban, which is on 785 in the IBP and 9861 in the Bouquet? Is one French and the other English?

Is Luxe TV on 9796 in English?

What kind of dish setup would I need for this, a standard dish or something out of the ordinary?

And finally…are any of these channels available in HD?

Thanks!

2. Aug 2, 2012 #2 of 11
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Not sure as to the programing question, but you would need either a dish500+ or a dish1000+, depending on whether you have HD or not.

3. Aug 2, 2012 #3 of 11
    GiantsFan383

GiantsFan383 Legend

Jul 28, 2011
    correct you need to see 118 all the international channels have moved there

4. Aug 2, 2012 #4 of 11
    mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    When I first considered this a year or so ago, I seem to remember needing something called a 1000.1 or something like that. Well, I'm sure the installer will bring the right equipment, I was kind of wondering about the hardware.

But the last thing I want to do is get through an install commit to two years, and then find my programming is in the wrong language!

5. Aug 2, 2012 #5 of 11
    garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Since all the International programing is on one sat, if you get the wrong package, a simple phone call to dish would corrected. Equipment will not have to be changed.

6. Aug 2, 2012 #6 of 11
    tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    EuroNews is both all the time. Alternalte Audio control to "Other" gives you Portuguese.
    French 24 is in English on 665
    Luxe on 9796 is in English
    Trace Urban on 9861 is English

Those are the ones I know, that is not to say other channels are or are not in English, but the ones I list are in English according to the Dish site.

7. Aug 2, 2012 #7 of 11
    CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I'm watching to see if any of the DIRT members respond. I haven't seen them active for a while.

That scares me:eek2:

8. Aug 2, 2012 #8 of 11
    RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    We are still here ;)

Euro news is available in both English and Portuguese using alternate audio.

France 24 on 9864 is in English with alternate audio available.

Trance Urban is a 24 hour French language music video channel.

Luxe is broadcast directly from Luxembourg. I don't have any other details about the channel other than what type of programming, but I would assume this is only available in French.

As far as set up goes, depending on your current set up (Eastern Arc, or Western Arc) you would need to have a DISH antenna (500+ or better) pointed toward 118.7. The technician would determine the best set up on site.

The broadcasts that we receive for these channels are in standard definition.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

9. Aug 2, 2012 #9 of 11
    mnassour

mnassour Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    That's what I need...one more question.

Where could I find a complete channel guide for Dish, everything (and I mean everything) all the way through the 9000s? I found James Long's page, but was hoping for something in numerical order.

thanks again!

10. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
  11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is in numerical order ... although there is duplication to show where the high numbered channels (and expandable subchannel EPG) map down.

Channels up through 999 are on one list and 1000 to 9999 are on a second list. The only thing intentionally omitted is the locals ... and they have their own page by market (since they are only sold within their local market).

Perhaps the 1000-9999 page of the list was missed?