DIRT team members

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jclewter79, Dec 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 9, 2014 #1 of 36
    jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    Are there any dirt team members online right now? I have some questions.

2. Dec 9, 2014 #2 of 36
    CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    We are only available between the hours of 6:00am to 10:00PM MST. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

3. Dec 9, 2014 #3 of 36
    SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I have been writing to a DISH employee. Then this DISH employee quit responding. Good help is hard to find these days.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

4. ryan8886

ryan8886 Mentor

Sep 19, 2006
    Sorry to bring this one back up...but having trouble finding a current DIRT member.....sent a message to one off an older list 2 months ago and no reply yet. Anyone have a good current contact??

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You should always refer to the sticky thread at the top of this forum for the most current list of DIRT members. We update it whenever Dish apprises us of any changes to their representatives on this forum.

6. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    They don't seem to be around and aren't answering messages.

7. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    The ones I can check appear not to have logged in for months.

8. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    MattG posted 2 days ago in the VIP612/622...... forum in the thread about 722 hard drive crash.

9. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    BeckiB just posted in a thread today. Some probably are more active than others. If you have a choice, you might want to try one of the DIRT members who has logged in most recently.

10. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I sent a blast to four of them this morning including her and Matt. Nothing so far.

11. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I cancelled service a few days ago, with the 16th as the effective date since that was the cycle end. Since you pay a month in advance, I should not have a new bill. I should have been paid in full.

Yet, I have an email with a new balance due for the service period 2/17 - 3/16 at the new rate $5.00 higher.

I can get into my Dish account, but can't edit the payment method to pull the credit card so it can't be charged. The payment options are locked. The programming choices are dropped and locked. The 512 is disconnected and sitting on shelf upstairs.

If this charge processes, I'm going to be one pissed puppy!!

12. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Instead of a pissed puppy maybe you'll just be sitting pretty waiting for a treat(REFUND).

13. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It sounds like your account probably has been canceled... but not fully flushed from the system as yet. Are you waiting on any boxes to return Dish equipment or anything like that?

14. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Nope. Owned. No returns due.

15. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    So you should be good... hopefully it doesn't become an actual problem. I suspect the reason why they stop you from being able to alter your account or remove a credit card once you cancel is just in case. I can imagine lots of scenarios where someone in the past would have been able to run up a PPV charge or something, cancel, remove their credit card, and then leave Dish hanging. That's not your situation... but I suspect that's why they don't let you remove credit cards from an account like you wanted to do.

16. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Yesh, I screwed up there. I had intended to pull the card before I called to cancel, but messed up somehow. The day after I called I thought about it and went in to look, but they had frozen everything with a notice about a 'pending action' or something like that.

Still annoyed none of the four have responded to my PM. I really don't want to have to call back and listen to their whining about wanting to reinstate. They're already hitting my email with spam. I know the street mail box will be filling up soon too. I get a few each month from Direct even though I've never had them. You'd think they'd get tired of wasting money eventually.

Gives me something to light the wood stove with though.

17. BeckiB@Dish Network

BeckiB@Dish Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010

18. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Sent.

19. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I need to interact with a DIRT Team member. Let me know if and when one of you is available.

20. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    If you don't get a response here, some of the same ones post on the Dish website user forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.