Discussion - HR23-700 {CE:15:12} 0x028A (PRIVATE FIELD TEST)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HR23 Discussion (private)' started by Mike Bertelson, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm finding it's still a little sluggish in responding to the remote.

Anyone able to use skip to tick?

Mike

2. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I just tested skip to tick and it's working fine. I also tested the "super skip to tick" and that worked as well.

As far as sluggishness; I felt like it was more peppy last night after the d/l. I haven't been watching TV today; so haven't noticed it being sluggish yet.

3. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
    I should have specified.

I was talking about Super Skip-To-Tick.

That isn't working on my HR20-700, HR21-100, HR23-700.

Mike
    EDIT:
    Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a big Dummy...:rolleyes:

I tested SuperSkipToTick by RW live TV. It never occured to check FW in live TV...which BTW works.
    It also never occured to me to check recording...which is where I'm most likely to use it. BTW, yes you guessed it, it works for recordings.... in both directions.

The only thing that SuperSkipToTick doesn't do is work in the RW direction in live TV....Weird :scratchin

I figured this out with exhaustive investig....Ok I got it from reading armophob's post in the CE discussion thread. :rolleyes:

Great troubleshooting skills Mike. [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Radio Enginerd

Radio Enginerd Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
  5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Well, I'm impressed with the AM21 recording playback - much improved. I did some rather extensive OTA recording on the HR21 and HR23 from channels I used to experience playback problems with and so far trickplay on both has performed without even the slightlest delay.

6. Mike Bertelson

Jan 24, 2007
  7. terrelliott

terrelliott Godfather

May 7, 2007
    Cockrum, MS
    I had quit using the AM21 because it was too painful. I'll give it another try and see if it's better as you say.

8. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
  9. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I checked it and got the same result as your referenced post. Skip to Tick does not work in RW in a buffered live TV. It does work if you begin recording.

Good catch MicroBeta

10. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Micro, I posted my results in the issue thread. My result was different than you reported in that I could use "press and hold" to jump back and forth prior to record and after ending the recording. Superskip did not work on live tv in the buffer until I hit record.

Oh, further OTA testing is still giving good results on trickplay.

11. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007

if by chance you haven't tried it again yet, i will 2nd it that it has been greatly has improved from the way it has been.

give it a try you should be pleased again.

12. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007
    I am giving the AM21 improvements a guarded 'improved' - but really its not until Wed/Thurs that I start having any issues so still a bit early for me. Also the Indy "Big 4" locals (ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX) are on MPEG4 now so I have switched to using those primarily - which may or may not be helping.

13. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I set a lot more OTA recordings today and things still look good.