1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish 1000 Upgrade

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Bogwon, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bogwon

Bogwon Cool Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Not sure if people are aware of this offer. I am an existing Dish customer. I called about a Dish 1000 upgrade. Phone gal said there was no upgrade program for existing customers at this time. I wanted to upgrade so I could get Voom HD without a second dish. When she entered my request into her computer for Voom, it spit out a code that let her offer me a Dish 1000 upgrade for $59.95. She said she hadn't been told anything about this offer and was suprised to see it. She set me up and it was installed three days later and I'm good to go. Seemed like a good deal????

2. cpdretired

cpdretired AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 25, 2003
    Do you receive all of your subscribed local channels? If any of your subscribed locals are on the 129 satellite the dish is free. Check on the link that I provided.

http://www.dishchannelchart.com/

3. Bogwon

Bogwon Cool Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Non of my locals are on 129, so I guess it's not a bad deal. I called into the Charlie Chat and because of so many calls, I ended up talking to the person I did. It just seemed strange that the person on the phone knew nothing about the program. When I called a few weeks before about Voom, they wanted to add a 2nd dish and charge me $99 to get the programming.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    To see just the channels on 129 click http://ekb.dbstalk.com/129list.htm.

5. Skates

Skates Icon

Apr 15, 2004
    Thanks for the info - supposedly, I'm getting a Dish1000 + 148 on Jan. 10th.

I was wondering what that "ESPN2HD" MPEG4 entry was...

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    ESPN2 HD has since been changed to indicate an Mpeg2 stream will be provided. Of course, wait 'til launch to see for sure.

7. havana

havana Cool Member

Dec 18, 2005
    I was told that the $59.95 price was with a one year commitment, otherwise it was still $99.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.