1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish america question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by KevinRS, Jun 29, 2013.

1. KevinRS

KevinRS AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    I'm looking at the comparison between dish america and america's top 120.
    Am I missing something?
    Are locals included in both?
    I'm seeing by downgrading I'll lose the music channels, and a small number of other channels. Is that all?
    I have a ViP722, paying 49.99+7.00 dvr fee+1.44 sales tax for 58.43 a month, and looking to cut that down.
    I just want to make sure there isn't going to be a surprize if I downgrade.

2. KevinRS

KevinRS AllStar

Oct 9, 2007
    ok, no response yet, so I copied the comparison, and took out the channels that are in neither package, and those in both.
    DA adds:
    GSN
    and drops:
    ABC FAMILY AMC C-SPAN C-SPAN2 CHURCH CHANNEL DAYSTAR DISH CD: (31 stations) DISNEY CHANNEL (EAST) DISNEY CHANNEL (WEST) DOCUMENTARY CHANNEL E! ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION ESPNEWS ESPNU FOX NEWS CHANNEL FUSE FX HLN HRTV INDEPENDENT FILM CHANNEL (IFC) INSPIRATION MTV MTV2 NICKELODEON/NICK AT NITE (EAST) NICKELODEON/NICK AT NITE (WEST) PURSUIT CHANNEL REELZCHANNEL SIRIUSXM (73 stations) TV GAMES NETWORK TV GUIDE NETWORK TV LAND VH1 WOMEN'S ENTERTAINMENT

My concern was, with previous lineups, for an example, AT packages included locals, and lower packages did not. Are there any details like this I need to be careful of now?

3. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    You should be able to get locals, as I have Dish America and get them. You'll also get HDNet Movies if you downgrade.

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Is there a chart that shows where channels are in the AT packages?

5. Jul 1, 2013 #5 of 16
    jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    Dish America is a HD Only package. The only regular SD channel you get is Cartoon West

You do get all of the Public Interest channels though (church/shopping and CSPAN/CSPAN2)

6. Jul 2, 2013 #6 of 16
    Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=12pt]I am more than happy to help you with your DISH programming questions today! Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account for further assistance?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Thanks[/SIZE]

7. Jul 2, 2013 #7 of 16
    Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    A main purpose of a board such as this is for information to be shared widely. Going to PM or phone circumvents this.

8. Jul 2, 2013 #8 of 16
    thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    That's the only way he can communicate with a DIRT person and keep his account info confidential. I'm sure he will post back with the answer.

9. Jul 3, 2013 #9 of 16
    TheSpider

TheSpider Cool Member

Jul 3, 2012
    maby he is afraid of privasy isshoes im knot sure why he wood be but maby that is it. sad that we know live in a world to be feerful of such thinks.

10. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Do you want your phone number or account number posted everywhere.

I think it was very rude and selfish to complain about proper procedure.

11. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Dood-

Information requested does not require name, much less a/c number or telephone number.

Rude? Hardly. Selfish- you gotta be kidding!

12. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    General information about programming or receivers do not require account information. Account specific information requires a PM for us to respond to the request. I hope this helps. Thanks.

13. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thank you!

14. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    You're welcome!

15. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And that is the challenge ... the general question was "what is the difference between the two packages". A public question that could be given a public answer. The specific question was "what channels will I lose". Which may require looking at that customer's subscription. They may have an add on that they no longer can get with a lower package (such as multi-sport if they drop from AT200 to AT120). Not in this case, but sometimes people don't give the full story.

That being said it is always nice to see public answers that help the next guy. :)

16. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thanks, James; that defines the parameters nicely.