Dish Anywhere authentication

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by 4HiMarks, Oct 8, 2019.

1. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I don't know if this is actually a Dish problem or an Amazon problem, but since it only happens with Dish Anywhere, I figured that is more likely.

I have a FireTV stick that has the Dish Anywhere app on it. I went through the process of authenticating it, and it works fine, but then the next time I go to watch, it wants me to go through it all again. Granted I don't watch on that set very often, which is why I don't pay for another Joey for it, but every time? It doesn't happen with Prime video or Netflix. Is there something I can do to make it remember that it is an authenticated device?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    ask FTV developers if the device would really keep your credentials?

3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Dish has been having some server issues with the various DA apps that has affected the authentication/logon process. It's been pretty intermittent, sometimes working sometimes not.

4. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I have had the same issue at times. Normally over night where I cannot get in, but the issue seems to be fixed the next day.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I haven't gotten around to testing it, but it seems like my FireTV does the same thing. I don't use the Fire TV very often, though. If I was going to use it alot - I'd want it hard-wired, not using Wifi.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    IIRC re-authentication is monthly with all systems working properly.