DISH App - NHL Center Ice Issue

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SDWC, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SDWC

SDWC AllStar

Dec 14, 2005
    Hi All,

I'm having an issue with the DISH App on my iPhone6, please allow me to attempt to describe what's happening.

I subscribe to NHL Center Ice. When watching in my home, no problems. However, when trying to view a Center Ice game (not my local team, so this is not a blackout problem) on my iPhone through the app, I bring up the guide on the app, find the game and channel, which is in the channel 475-xx range, and tap it to view. When I do this, I see on the next screen it asks me if I want to watch or record, but the channel number I see there has been converted by the app to the 412-xx equivalent RSN channel. Then, when I tap watch, it thinks for a few seconds and comes back with "You are not authorized to view this program", or something similar. I can't recall the exact message and as I type this there are no live games on for me to try and recreate this right now. I'm guessing since I don't currently subscribe to the multi-sport package and the app is trying to access the channel from there, it's not allowing me to view. Very frustrating.

Anybody ever experience this? I'm not sure if it's a bug, or there's a workaround, or some other thing I'm doing incorrectly. All other functionality through the app and Sling works great. I have a Hopper w/sling as my box at home.

Thanks in advance.