Dish Big 10 Alternate Channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rweiche, Jul 9, 2015.

1. rweiche

rweiche New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Colorado
    I am currently a DirectTV subscriber and checking out Dish pricing. We don't use alot of the toys but Big 10 sports is a must. I have not been able to verify that Dish has the BTN alternate channels so come fall I can catch my huskers. I am in Colorado so not sure there are differences state to state. Anybody have any definite answers on this?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Big Ten and Alternates are available in SD and HD. I believe the primary Big Ten channel is a 24/7 HD channel, while the alternates are HD game-only feeds as you might expect since they are only needed for the additional simultaneous games.

3. zippyfrog

zippyfrog Mentor

Jul 14, 2010
    I live in Big 10 territory and can verify. The BTN main feed is in HD 24/7. Also, every Big 10 football game on BTN or one of the BTN alternate channels was in HD last year.

4. nmetro

nmetro Godfather

Jul 11, 2006
    I live in Colorado.

In Colorado, you have to pay for the Sprots Pack to get BTN. In Big Ten terriotory, it is part of AT150+ (or whatever DISH calls that now). Though, the Sports Pack is a bit cheaper than DirecTv's By the Way, you also get the Longhorn Network, SEC and Pac12 channels; with teh Sprks Pack. In addition to your regionals. And, unlike DirecTV, in Denver, you do not pay extra for Root Sports and Altitude.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That's where my hedging was... Due to some of the recent conference realignments... some people who "should" be getting Big Ten or whatever as part of their RSNs... aren't always getting them because I *think* the contract for carriage was signed before some teams moved... so some teams new to say the Big Ten are still being lumped into their old conference alignment for RSNs... I think this came up for Maryland and Rutgers last year who weren't covered in their home markets after their conference switch.

6. DN2014

DN2014 New Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Midwest USA
    I have dish, I haven't missed a HUSKER football game in 3 years. Their on either on ABC, ESPN, or Big ten network.