Dish cable burial

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by audiomaster, Sep 8, 2014.

1. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Last year Dish installed a new dish and feed line for Eastern arc in my yard replacing two dishes I had. I paid $50.00 to have the cables buried. About 40-50 ft run. The person came out, took a shovel, skimmed back the sod about 2 inches deep, placed the wire and flipped the sod back over and stomped it down!

Now I see orange cable coming up in several places in the yard which will eventually get cut by my mower. Will dish fix this for me free?

Also, doesn't the NEC say low voltage wires have to be buried a certain depth? is Dish required to do this. I had assumed they would bring a trencher and had even gone to the trouble of locating several pipes and wires for them.that were 12 inches deep or so.

2. andrewe@DISH Network

andrewe@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jun 25, 2014
    Colorado
    I would be happy to take a look at this for you. Please PM me with your account or phone number and your 4 digit PIN number.

3. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    South Carolina
    Thanks. I sent you a PM.

4. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    I have found that most of the installers do good work, but a few cut corners. On one case, we went through three installers before getting a good installer, but the last guy did a great job with a somewhat complicated install. Have had dish since 1997 and that's was the only problem install -- others have been great. Hang in there.

5. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    I believe the installation warranty is 6o days so a year later DISH can probably get out of any liability hopefully Andrew can do some sweet talking. But you can get some dirt and rebury yourself.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    low voltage wiring is not considered dangerous so it only needs to be protected from normal damage. 6" should be enough

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    What was the response? I hate it when things get buried in PMs....