1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish DVR with a "Smart" TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by khearrean, Dec 31, 2011.

1. khearrean

khearrean Godfather

Mar 24, 2004
    S.E. Texas
    So here's my question. I just purchased a new Samsung Smart LED & a Samsung Smart BD Player w/Wi-Fi onboard. On either one I can stream apps & video from many sources, Blockbuster, Netfix, Hulu & many more. In 20 years of being a Dish customer, I have never had a Dish DVR. Until I called a Dish CSR, I wasn't aware that one was req'd to utilize the "Blockbuster Movie Pass," unless of course I choose the "snail-mail" option of (1) disk at a time. So basically the "Movie Pass" is useless to me!
    If I choose to go with a DVR (which one, I don't know), will there be pros or cons since I do have the "Smart TV" apps mentioned above? Would it even be worth it? And if I don't, can I cancel the "Movie Pass' feature from Dish & save the add'l $10 w/o affecting my current (Platinum) HD package? FYI: My bill shows Dish Platinum for $10 & the HD 250 for $10 in addition to America's Top 250 for $69.99. I don't like paying for something I'm not using or plan on using even if it is only $10!

Ken

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Movie Pass IS Dish Platinum w/ the Blockbuster features included for the same $10... If you don't want those Platinum channels, then you can drop it... But if you want the channels why would you have a problem? Just don't use the extra features in Movie Pass.

3. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Next time buy a Roku. They have 300 free channels.