1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish hopper?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by Samul80, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Samul80

Samul80 New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Just got a hopper and Joey system. I own a vip 622 that is activated on a separate account. The how do hook up the 622 to the dish system that the hopper is hooked up to? They put a node system in my cable box. I have a super hd dish system. Do I need to add a splitter or hook another line directly to the dish? Help?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I think you'll find that Dish doesnot officially support such configurations. At best, you'll probably need a dedicated line from the Dish to the 622

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You would need to run a separate line from the dish. Most current dishes have 3 outputs, the H/J would use 2 so depending on the dish, you should have one available. If for some reason it only has 2 outputs, you would need to add either a DPP33 or a DPP44 switch to the setup.

4. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    It is unlikely to work. In addition to a separate line from the Dish, the receiver has to be on account and activated. I don't think DISH will do that. They might, but doubtful.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    He said the 622 is activated on a 2nd account.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    run separate cable from your dish or a switch (give us your full config info - what LNBF set on your "super dish" ?)