DISH Internet via Bird

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by RealGomer, Mar 31, 2020.

1. RealGomer

RealGomer New Member

Dec 4, 2008
    We received a flyer today advertising DISH Internet via satellite (bird). The cost was $44/month with no data caps and 25Mbps. Is this in partnership with Hughes or is it their own birds? If their internet worth the powder? We're suffering with Frontier snailNet and satellite is our only option. At least until Spectrum gets it's head out of its rectal orifice and drops cable for 1/4 mile to get to our sub.

2. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    It's a rebranded Hughes service...

3. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i wouldn't use spectrum period. there internet is always going down. there DVR boxes are garbage at best.. either a dual tuner or the world box wich has alot of software bugs and firmware glitches. the guide on the world box is up in the cloud and sometimes it just gets all wonky. seems that spectrum always has an outage as well. once your promo is over spectrum won't budge on pricing so no discounts!!! when i had there ultra internets i was paying 95.00 a month for a crappy 400 mbps with 40 mbps wich is almost useless. and if you want there gig service then there's a 199.00 instalation fee that you would have to pay the 199.00 everytime you move...

id'e keep a look out on starlink or wait for 5G to roll in your neighborhood

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    didn't dish stop selling there internet:rolleyes:

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I had Spectrum for Internet only at my last place (in Wake Forest NC area) and it was OK.
    If you can get reasonably fast cable or fiber internet, THAT is the way to go. Satellite or Cellphone have their issues (mostly latency and very low datacaps, and some speed).