1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH is blacking out MLB Bost/Balt game tonight

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by billmarc, Sep 26, 2011.

1. billmarc

billmarc AllStar

Oct 17, 2002
    So why is DISH blacking out the Boston/Baltimore game on MLB network? I cannot find an alternate channel for the game and since I live in Indiana, there is NO way that NESN will be freed up to watch it. AT&T U-Verse is showing the game on MLB net and of course so is Directv.:confused::confused:

2. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    In the clear here now, maybe out of the 3-hour zone.

3. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    In the clear in Michigan...

4. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    If you're a Boston fan probably best you didn't see it.

5. Steve_53

Steve_53 Mentor

Jul 6, 2005
    I am, and I'm sorry to say, I did. :(

6. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    It's because Dish does not yet carry the ALT feed for MLB, so they only have one feed from MLBN. So, in your area, MLB designated the other game they had as the 'primary', blacking you out for BOS-BAL on 153. It sucks, but, hopefully, Dish gets that ALT active for next season.

7. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    It was in the clear in Atlanta as well (it gets depressing watching the Braves lose night after night :() It was a nice surprise! Looks like it wasn't that hard for MLBN to "open up" the alt BOS/BAL feed for those in ATL and I would imagine PHL that use Dish. I'd still like to see the MLBN ALT channel active next year.