Dish keeps calling me to come back.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by NewForceFiveFan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    I changed over to Directv in May 2010 after lightning strike took out my Dish equipment and tv's I'd had for 10 years. Dish has been calling my house the last couple weeks and I finally was around to take the call a couple nights ago. Lady just wanted to know why I left dish, over a year ago, and whether the dish csr's at the time tried to help me or not. I told her I was told the equipment would cost a lot to replace cause they were way out of warranty and because I was an existing customer I couldn't get any deals on new equipment and they wouldn't be able to tell if I could get HD without a sight survey. She asked why I was never transferred to Dish's version of a Retention Dept. I wish I could remember the name she called it but it was something corny. I told her I didn't know they had one. When she said they'd probably call back again in a couple months to see if I wanted to go back to Dish I told her it would be better if they called back in a couple years after my commitments to Directv were over.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I find it odd that she asked you why their retention dept. never contacted you.

3. NewForceFiveFan

NewForceFiveFan Legend

Apr 23, 2010
    she had explained to me they were taping the call and were using it for training purposes but she basically called the csr's from last year a bunch of lazy workers who didn't want to do their job in trying to keep me as a customer. The whole time I was talking with her I was trying not to laugh my ass off.

4. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Well actually...... If the person on the phone actually said that, it is not professional and probably a little over the top. BUT - I may be wrong but I do think Dish changed their CSR service.

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Now I'm pissed -- Dish never called me to come back! :grrr:

6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Neither did my ex-wife.

7. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    the "Loyalty Department"

8. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Looks like they knew you too well?.;):D

9. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Yep! their the ones who gave me a great upgrade deal!.:grin:

10. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    They're the ones who just want your money.

11. Klatu

Klatu Cool Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Yeah. When I left "D" for a similar reason, they only tried calling me back once, and still didn't offer any type of upgrade except to watch NFL football for one year free. Since I only watch a few teams anyhow, it wasn't much of an incentive to go back. I really like Dish.

12. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    After I had dumped DISH , they started calling me and offered me a better deal than the one I wanted to stay when I left.

13. Islandguy43

Islandguy43 Legend

Oct 2, 2007
    I never got one either and I was one of their beta testers.

14. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Really?
    After I switched to dish, "D" called at least a half dozen times to get me back. Even after I told every caller I had already signed a contract. The last offer included the 12 month promo price with free hd reciever upgrade. They couldn't offer the price freeze dish offered, and I haven't heard from them since. I did tell them to call me when my contract is up, and I'd re-consider them then.