1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Music & Spotify

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by l'Aucherie, Sep 1, 2017.

1. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    My Hopper 3 is not showing up as a "connected device" in Spotify on any device. It works with the other music services shown in the Dish Music app on an iPad, but Spotify is handled differently than the other services in that you have to go directly to the Spotify app and select the Hopper as a player. The iPad and the Hopper are on the same network and, per the various help tips on the Dish/Spotify support sites, I have updated/reinstalled/reset the devices with no success. A Google search has not yielded any useful results. Has anyone here got Spotify and Dish music working?

2. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    Am I the only one trying to use Dish Music with Spotify? If you haven't tried the Dish Music app, you should give it a go. It's a great way to play music streaming services throughout the home wherever you have a compatible Dish receiver as the player.

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I know Dish works with Pandora, I did not know about Spotify.

4. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    I use Roku to stream Spotify or Pandora.

5. l'Aucherie

l'Aucherie Cool Member

May 8, 2010
    Pandora is an actual app on the Hoppers. Dish Music on the other hand is an app on an IOS/Android device that allows you to stream various music services including Spotify and Pandora using Hoppers as players. It works the same as Apple's airplay or Google's chromecast, neither of which work with a Dish receiver.