1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish network advertisement

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lee635, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    Attached is an ad included in a batch of spam that slipped past my very intricate set of email filters. Anyway, just something to look at.

Attached Files:

• dish.gif
      dish.gif
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    Not a bad looking ad, although I think it look wierd with the remote upside down. :)

3. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    I wish they had this offer when I first joined!

4. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I am pretty sure this is their rental plan---hence no equipment to buy.

5. Brian Rector

Brian Rector Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    If it was a TV commercial promoting Dish, Charlie would need Diana Ross's "Upside Down" to describe the unique remote control in the ad. :)

6. spartanrob

spartanrob AllStar

Apr 19, 2002
    I got this deal. There is still a $49 activation fee and $99 to upgrade to the 501

7. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    They have a lot to say in the ad but what scares me is what they DON'T say. $49 activation fee, 1 year commitment and I believe the equipment is leased.

An attractive offer but filled with small print items.

8. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    How can they say cheaper than cable? Americas top 50 on four receivers is $42.99 /month. Add in locals and you're up to $48.99 /month. I get 70 Chans on Cox Cable on six TVs for $35.00 /month (and it includes locals). Stating better PQ than Cable is accurate, but cheaper???? I don't think so!

9. HTguy

HTguy Icon

May 6, 2002
    This is the "Digital Home Plan" - the leasing deal.

At least this ad presents it honestly. Most of the spammers & telemarketers promote it as a "free system" which is just a lie.

E* tells all their retailers not to promote it as "free" but they have yet to cut off anyone for doing so.

10. nate_wendt

nate_wendt New Member

Apr 6, 2002
    E* has sent faxblasts talking about and allowing dealers to drop the $49 activation fee on the Digital Home Plan promotion. It is up to the dealer wether he wants to charge it or not.

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    The cheaper than cable obvioulsy varies from place to palce. In my case yes. In your case Mike W maybe not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.