dish network audit team audit team email or phone number

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Carlos Cortez, Aug 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Carlos Cortez

Carlos Cortez New Member

Aug 18, 2019
    I was wondering if somebody on this forum can give me the phone number and email address of dish network audit team, it is very important

I need to get a hold of them asap

Thanks a lot

2. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
  3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Usually people only need to talk to audit if they got caught using their account from more than one location at the same time.

Michael P likes this.
  4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    any Luck, Carlos ?

5. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...

Or if they want to rat someone out.

6. Oct 4, 2019 #6 of 10
    satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    Do you have an example of that?

7. Oct 4, 2019 #7 of 10
    NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    You and your wife have a Dish account with a couple of receivers at your house. Then you add another receiver to your account and install it at your girl friend's house in the next town instead of paying the full rate for her own account. It's called "stacking"... ;)

8. Oct 4, 2019 #8 of 10
    scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Couldn't have stated it better myself.... Except that even next door is also a violation....

NYDutch likes this.
  9. Oct 4, 2019 #9 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    We have not heard too much about that team in the past couple of years ago. A few years ago it was a constant topic with customers often being accused of "stacking".
    (Here is one discussion from 2005: Audit Team Discussion )

We had one thread in 2010 when Clark Howard Fires DISH Network. Apparently all is well about a decade later and Mr Howard now promotes DISH and Sling. (in 2017 Clark Howard warns customers away from AT&T/DirecTV - Clark Howard .)

I believe the shift to connected systems (both "whole home" and internet connected independent receivers) has helped reduce the need for the audit team. The process of moving around the home collecting the special code number off of each receiver while the auditor listened for clues and customers having receivers disconnected if they didn't comply proved annoying.

It was a long time ago, but I had a receiver turned off because the phone line wasn't connected and I wasn't home to take the audit team call. I connected a phone line and the receivers came back to life.

I remember one scam where the scammer would sell activated DISH receivers on a paid account, charging for one year of service at a ridiculously low rate. The purchasers didn't know they were buying an additional receiver on another account until they either contacted DISH for something or the scammer closed the account, deactivating all of the receivers. The audit team's audits were meant to catch these crooks ... but they annoyed people in the process.

10. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    OK.

Thanks.