DISH Network disconnection of people who complain too much

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jchambers2586, Mar 29, 2010.

1. jchambers2586

jchambers2586 Mentor

Aug 2, 2009
    I revived a call from dish network saying my contract was being terminated because I complained about bad service and equip- ment Instead of making things right they disconnect my account and told me to go somewhere els. They said they was going to waive their ETF fees. Has any one heard of this kind of thing.
    They are treating their customers like trash. Now I am forced to go to cox for my TV service because directv wants a $300 deposit which I can't afford to pay.

2. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    I don't have a problem with that. There are some people out there that you just can't please no matter what and it's just easier to cut the loses and move on!

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I've heard tell of cutting "problematic" customers loose from various programming providers.

At least one provider has recently shown an increasing tendency towards terminating customers for threatening to cancel in an obvious attempt to seek compensatory programming credits, "free" equipment upgrades or fees waived.

4. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Yeah, right...

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
  6. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Is this thread going anywhere?

7. tgater

tgater Godfather

Jul 24, 2007
    I remember a few years back when Spint did the same. I also know of other companies that do the same. Sometimes getting rid of problematic or high maintenance clients can work out better for the company than the client.

8. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    I am on Dish's side on this one..

9. Lazy Senior

Lazy Senior Legend

Jan 24, 2005
    That says it all really......

People that pay their bills on time do not need to put up deposits.

10. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    There must be a lot more to this story especially from DISH's side. Your looking for sympathy in the wrong place.:)

11. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    Next ... :crying: :wave:

12. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Unfortunately Dishnetwork(like any other business) has the right to refuse service to anyone.

13. davejacobson

davejacobson Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Very interesting. Wouldn't it be nice to find out the whole story?The link provided leads you to a post about using a receiver in another location against the Dish agreement and getting it disconnected plus wanting to use a receiver at another location without getting caught. Then having bad receivers that don't work. I don't know the OPs story sounds fishy to me. We will likely never get the whole truth about the matter.Bottom line violation of the dish agreement can get you canceled so all you campers get your RV account and be legal.I am on Dishses side on this one the cheaters cost the rest of us with higher rates.

14. MyDogHasFleas

MyDogHasFleas AllStar

Jan 4, 2007
    yep: here's a good article on that incident from 2007, and much more:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...merActionGuide/AreYouABadCustomer.aspx?page=1

Basically what Sprint did was find the 1000 customers who called customer support the most. Some of these people called multiple times per day, every day of the month, racking up 100 or more calls a month.

The OP's case seems to be different from this, however, if you read between the lines there were issues on payment. Others have looked as his other posts and found terms of service violations. So this seems to be a straightforward termination for cause.

15. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    He ought to consider it fortunate that they waived the ETF .

16. jchambers2586

jchambers2586 Mentor

Aug 2, 2009
    that incident happend last year. They told me don't do it again.

17. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    And for all you doubters that Dish can't do anything right, looks like they were spot on with this one :)

18. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  19. Luck255

Luck255 Legend

Mar 4, 2009
    I also remember verizon doing this awhile ago. If you're constantly having problems and calling in I'm not sure why you'd want to continue service anyway. Sounds like they did you a favor and waived the ETF.

20. surfmaui03

surfmaui03 Legend

Feb 26, 2005
    Really Lazy Senior? Because way back in the early 80's when I was 18 and making minimum wage, I had only a Union 76 gas card in my name for credit. I was asked for a deposit to start my account with charter for cable service. I didn't pay my bills late. Some people haven't established enough credit yet. Don't assume everyone who is asked for a deposit, pays their bills late.