Dish Network DVR Recording Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bdevineyard, Aug 5, 2018.

1. bdevineyard

bdevineyard New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    It has been a little while since I had Dish Network. When I was a customer before...you could login on any computer that has internet and connect to your DVR and watch your recordings without having to prepare or previously download them.

I wanted to see if this has changed or if you have to prepare them and download them to a device or if it is still simple as just logging in on a remote computer/laptop?

2. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Dish Anywhere allows access to your DVR on the Internet, but remember you have to have the upload speed at home to support it.

3. bdevineyard

bdevineyard New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    United States
    I can't remember...but I have either 250/MB Fiber or 1Gig/Fiber. Will either of those be sufficient?

4. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Yea dishanywhere will work. its an app, download to your puter or mobile device. On the puter, u goto the dishanywhere website but it will download an applet in order to view content. My internet is not as fast as yours, maybe 5mb? and I can watch stuff fine. obviously best to keep the dish box hard wired to the internet than via Wifi.

No you don't need to download files to a separate device, but if your using an external drive to store shows, u may or may not be able to view those thru the app. u can also control your receiver(s) or set up recordings.