Dish Network Sucks

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by comizzou573, Sep 22, 2019.

1. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I am paying $200/mo for everything pal and the damn on demand doesn't work!!! I am tempted to leave this trash to directv.

2. renegade

renegade Cool Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Good luck with that.

sparky27 likes this.
  3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    how long you subbed to the co ? do you pay $200/m all the years ? what dish/tv equipment you have ?

4. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Do you have high speed internet? If so you can buy a Fire Stick and get Dish Anywhere with the On Demand feature. I have an older vip211k receiver that does not offer On Demand, so I bought the Firestick to get the service for free.

5. les.warden

les.warden New Member

May 4, 2018
    4M internet download capability for it to work good. We only have 6M and it works good.
    Hopper3, Joey3 is our setup.

6. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    So you have a technical problem with a feature that works for just about everybody. You could use this forum to get help, or if you haven't yet, go to Dish tech support. Without explaining your setup and asking for help, you post a rant with a ridiculous thread title????

Good luck. Maybe DirecTV will enjoy your patronage and temper.

satcrazy and sparky27 like this.
  7. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    I have a Spectrum Internet, Hopper with Sling, and sub to the following

1. Everything Pak
    2. MUltisport Sports Pak

The DVR records random ****, and on demand stop working although I have internet connectivity on the hopper.

Dish Network is always in disputes. Look at HBO it's gone but we still have an increase on the damn bill. Then half the Fox Sports channel are gone due to another dispute. We are paying $13 mo, and we missing half of the channel. Dish seems to be profiting off of these disputes. I don't want free ppv, how about give us our money back during these disputes or decrease the price. I am waiting for the day when dish increases its monthly price to $300/mo. To be honest I think dish is going bankrupt.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You should go to DIRECTV ... they haven't had a dispute or a threat of a dispute in several hours. :D
    It sounds like you need to take a breath and decide how to move forward.
    (Derogatory comments directed toward any corporation are usually pointless.)

Why do you subscribe to "Everything"? DISH did reduce the price of that package when HBO/Cinemax left the service.
    Why do you subscribe to Multisport? Is it for the out of market filler content (programming between blacked out sports) from other markets?
    '
    If there isn't a reason why you are paying for a product, stop paying and find a better package level or provider.

9. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    AT&T Direct TV is going into a contract period in 2020 where AT&T states that they refuse to pay big increases in new fees from the programmers, across the board. Direct TV has an extension with the ESPN/Disney contract, but still uncertain. Their newest dispute is with Sinclair. AT&T wants to sell Direct TV, so I doubt AT&T will be willing to pay more. We are is a different time now with streaming grabbing millions of subscribers from satellite & cable. The future for all is questionable.

satcrazy likes this.
  10. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    I hope that DISH & Direct TV can survive by the holidays, when DISNEY says good-bye , in favor of streaming. Sounds like another cutting the chord topic. I heard about this on a local news radio this morning.
    I am still google searching to see if this is true. IF true, I would like some channel to show a lot of the old films to put in my hopper dvr.. Pinocchio, Snow White, Love Bug Herbie series of films, that darn Cat, etc.

Everything We Know About Disney's New Streaming Service

11. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    With some like Nexstar & CBS Corporation that was the case. The dispute with AT&T & Sinclair seems to be different as AT&T hasn't specifically mentioned the price of the local channels & Tennis Channel as the reason for the potential dispute. The big sticking points AT&T is rejecting are:
    • The addition of Marquee Sports Network into the agreement for Sinclair's O&Os and Tennis Channel. The did call it one of the most expensive single team RSNs which is not a good thing. Ask SportsNet LA how the "one of the most expensive single team RSNs" club is working out for them.
    • Bundling the carriage of the 22 Fox RSNs + Yes Network Sinclair just paid $10.6 billion for. AT&T renewed their agreement for these channels under Old Fox in 2018 as part of a multi-year deal which hasn't expired yet and it seems AT&T would like to keep these separate from Sinclair's locals if possible.
    • Carriage of multiple unnamed cable channels Sinclair currently doesn't own or hopes to acquire in the future.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Sinclair is trying to shove Marquee Sports Network down Dish's throat as well with the Fox Sports RSN dispute and they are saying no as well.

Disney will still have its linear channels and on demand content on D*, Dish and other providers (with valid retransmission consent agreement with Disney). After all House of Mouse just reached an agreement in principle about a week ago with AT&T for continued carriage of all those channels, FX Networks (all the channels they acquired from Fox) and to add ACC Network to U-Verse TV & AT&T TV Now. Disney+ is meant to be a competitor to Netflix just like AT&T's HBO Max will be and Comcast's Peacock service.

sparky27 likes this.
  12. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    OK, firestick, you bought "prime" and prime offers dishAnywhere for free?
    Is this correct?

13. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...

So if multiple providers don't buge?