DISH Now on Amazon Fire TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by James Long, May 22, 2017.

1. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH Now on Amazon Fire TV

* DISH Anywhere app to provide 10-foot viewing experience on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
    * Delivers 100 percent of live and recorded content, plus thousands of on-demand titles, to any TV with an HDMI input, at home or on the go
    * Available today at no additional cost to new and current DISH customers

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DISH extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers' big screen televisions through Amazon Fire TV products. This marks the first time customers can use a media player to seamlessly access DISH Anywhere on any TV with an HDMI input, either at home or on the go.

DISH Anywhere gives Hopper customers the ability to watch 100 percent of their live and recorded content, plus thousands of on-demand titles, from any location on Internet-connected mobile devices, including smart phones, tablets and computers, and now televisions.

"While DISH Anywhere has historically been embraced on mobile devices, users are now getting even more of what they want - their DISH subscription on any TV at no extra cost," said Niraj Desai, DISH vice president of product management. "DISH Anywhere on Fire TV is an excellent value that further brings choice and flexibility to our customers' television experience."

Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick are the first media players to offer DISH Anywhere. DISH customers with an Internet-connected Hopper 3, Hopper 2 or a first-generation Hopper connected to a Sling Adapter have access to live, recorded and on-demand content on DISH Anywhere. Customers with VIP receivers may use DISH Anywhere to watch on-demand titles.

2. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Time to buy a Fire Stick! $39 to eliminate one Joey that seldom gets used. Payback, 5 months.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Michael P likes this.
  3. unr1

unr1 Legend

Jul 16, 2005
    I'll give this a try on my FireTV right now

4. unr1

unr1 Legend

Jul 16, 2005
    works alright. No digital sound though (DD)

5. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I already have a Fire TV stick that is seldom used, so bonus there. Get more use out of stick, and eliminate one Joey (maybe both).

6. Scarpad

Scarpad Legend

May 22, 2006
    Perfect solution for a bedroom tv that I didn't want to spend the $7 monthly on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...

I have a vip, could you give me a quick rundown on [ how to ] get dish anywhere?

Thank you

8. camo

camo Godfather

Apr 15, 2010
    I also verfied it works well on wired system in bedroom. Don't need it because I've ran HDMI through switch but for different programming on 2 Tv's does take place of Joey.

9. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    So how do I get it? I am not seeing a Dish app on my Fire TV stick.

10. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Tell Alexa to search for it and it should find it.

11. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    We are going out of town and won't have Alexa with us. Just the Fire TV stick.

12. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS

Using the voice remote for the FireStick - tell Alexa to find it while you're in WiFi range. It should download it from the Amazon Fire store. You might have to be in the Add app area on the Fire stick.

13. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    We don't have a voice remote for the stick.

scooper likes this.
  14. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Look - it comes down to you going the APPS section and tell the Firestick to download Dish Anywhere. It will find it, ask you to download and install it, and then it will give you a code to goto to in your broweser to confirm you can use it. You have to be on Internet to get it and confirm.

15. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Why is it so hard to find? I went to the Apps section and there were apps for ABC, CBS, ESPN, Fox, NBC, USA, and a bunch of other stations, as well as DirecTV, but no DISH.

16. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    It is NOT difficult to find.... Simply type "Dish anywhere" when looking for an app,

17. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Is it possible that your Firestick is too old for the App ?

18. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Ok - I uninstalled the Dish Anywhere App from Amazon Fire.

then I went to Home, went to the Apps, looked for TV / Movies (where it found apps for what you listed (and Dish Anywhere). Reinstalled it, started the App - it wanted me to go to dishanywhere.com/activate, logged into my dish account, and then I entered the code

19. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Stop right there. For the other apps, it was not necessary to type anything. They were all there for the browsing.

20. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    No - YOU stop - if you can't do simple searching, I guess you really don't need the app....