Dish offer to install OTA antenna?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Tiki God, May 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Tiki God

Tiki God New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I received an e-mail from dish offering to install an OTA antenna to save me $12 a month. Anyone else have this done? I have a decent OTA antenna but it doesn't seem to pick up many channels in my area (Glendale, CA). Are the Dish OTA antennas better at picking than others? Curious.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    yeah … see a few threads about OTA dongle

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Most of Glendale seems to have OTA line of sight to Mt. Wilson and should have very good reception even with an inferior antenna.

4. Jon W

Jon W AllStar

Jan 27, 2004
    I just got this email as well. Curious if anyone had this done. Was it an outdoor or indoor Antenna and did they include anything else like the OTA module for the hopper and was there a commitment involved? Thanks in advance.

5. mke

mke Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Yes and they install it for you

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I received the same email last week. I wonder if you accept if you can't go back in case you don't get great OTA. I'm at least 40 miles from the nearest broadcast tower. Will they provide an amplifier? Inquiring minds want to know!

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The install would be the simple antenna included with the kit. If it works, great. Save $12 and watch/record one or two OTA channels simultaneously. Accepting the offer does not prevent you from subscribing to satellite delivered locals.