dish on-the-go service with a tripod antenna?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jfaberna, Oct 5, 2018.

1. jfaberna

jfaberna New Member

Oct 16, 2017
    For my home TV watching I only have internet streaming services like Sling. But streaming doesn't work where I go RVing. So I will need a satellite system. I have used both a tripod antenna and an automatic aiming antenna in the past and I can setup a tripod antenna a lot faster than the automatic Winegard Pathways X2 could find the satellites.

So I think what I'm going to try now for the RV is On the Go service from Dish and use my TV4RV tripod with a Dish 1000.2 WA. antenna with a pair of Wally receivers.

The questions I have are related to the LNBs. From what I've read the DPP Hybrid is for Hopper 3 and doesn't work with the cheap satellite meters for aiming. It seems I want a DishPro Plus LNB for the Western ARC 1000.2 antenna.

1. Is that the best solution for me?
    2. Will I need 1 cable from the LNB per Wally receiver?
    3. Will the cheap satellite meters work with the DishPro Plus LNB?
    4. Will Dish Network allow me to have a On-the-Go account with this setup?

Jim A

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. it should, in conjunction of old[211] receiver, it could be deactivated
    4. call CSR and check, your account status in dish system is the key

3. jfaberna

jfaberna New Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Not sure I understand #3 answer. Aren't VIP211Z and Wally the same except the Wally is smaller and newer? Neither work on a hybrid LNB without a DP44/2 or some other switch hardware.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    been reported Wally have no old scale for signal, just a table of sats witch checkmarks on screen

5. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    As long as the receiver is supplying power to the DPP LNB, your cheapy meter should work. I suggest also getting an EA LNB for the 1000.2 for those treed sites where it may give you a better line of site.