Dish Pause

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tsmacro, Dec 9, 2019.

1. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Could someone refresh my memory how Dish Pause works? I just tried to look it up on their website but wasn't having much luck. Once upon a time I used to work for companies that sold Dish and I knew all this stuff, but that's a few years removed now. I remember it being $5 or $10/mo and you could only keep it on pause something like 5 mos? Also can you still watch recordings on your DVR when the acct is on pause or do they take away that function while on pause? Anyway I figured someone here would know the details, so thanks in advance.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  3. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Yes, that's what I found as well. I was hoping there would be someone here who had put their acct on pause and be able to answer my questions. I suppose I could call Dish, but as we all know it's kind of like rolling the dice as to if you'll actually get a useful or for that matter correct answer.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I recall recently someone posted … $7/m on hold ?

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I thought is was $5, but it may have gone up, and you lose all special discounts you may have had.

6. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know if you are able to watch what's already recorded on the DVR when the acct is on pause?

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    If you'll disconnect coax before call, most likely.