1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Programming

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by politico31, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. politico31

politico31 Cool Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Can anyone give me a hint as to where I can find the HD locals implementation date? Is there some kind of a master schedule, or even educated estimates by anyone of various markets?

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    According to the Charlie Chat, the first wave (including Denver locals) will be live by the date of the next Charlie Chat, which will be March 13th.

Moving to the Dish forum.

3. politico31

politico31 Cool Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Thanks, Mark...wish I could get Denver! We're in the Albuquerque market, so that's what I'm really interested in...no idea of the timelines...?

4. tonyp56

tonyp56 Godfather

Apr 25, 2004
    When ever it gets here, thats when :D.

No all joking to the side, I would use the SD LIL schedule as a guide. If it took them this long to get this many local stations up, I think it is going to take them at least half as much time to get the HD locals up. So however long it took them to get your locals on satellite from when they first started doing locals, I'd say from half that time to that amount of time to get your HD locals IMO.

Unless someone else has a better idea, that is what I would guess at. Heck, if it is less time than that, you will be happier anyways. And if it is more, or possibly never (what if they run out of space?) I guess you'll have to cross that bridge when it gets here, sorry.

5. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Here is a summary of what came out of the most recent chats, along with lists of announced and potential markets: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/hdlocal.htm

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You might want to use the recent uplink reports for the channel numbers.

7. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I was planning to fill in channel numbers once they're actually available. Until then they are subject to change or even cancellation. Tony's big Dish Channel Chart has all the available and "uplinked but not available" channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.