DISH receivers

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by icr2002, Dec 1, 2019 at 6:13 PM.

1. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    I have no need for a DVR. Can I sign up as a new customer and only have non dvr receivers in the house? I need 3 units for my 3 tvs.
    Also If i startup with the lowest package. Can i call within say 24 hours and go to another package without affecting my contract. Or the inverse if I start out at say the top 250 and want to go down to the 190 can I do that in 24 hours or ever without contract issues?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    You should be able to switch between packages at any time, without affecting your commitment. The minimum would be AT120. Most of the new customer deals are built around "whole home" with a Hopper and Joeys - but you can get all Wallys. You may need to go through a dealer or the toll free number instead of the web sign up.

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Yes you can - request Wally's (three of them). You can add a DVR function by paying a $40 fee per account (not receiver), and this will also activate a 2nd tuner in the Wally's. You would also need to buy a USB 2.0 external self powered hard drive. You can also add OTA tuner adapters (single or dual tuner) that also plug into the USB ports on the Wallys.

Programming contract - no problems changing to higher package / adding additional. Reducing programming may impact your contract.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    3xViP211/k/z would be good too

5. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Except the 211's can't be upgraded to two sat tuners if that matters. The 211K can't be upgraded to two OTA tuners either, but I don't know if the dual OTA adapter works in the 211z.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    According TS post, your info is not requested, so it's irrelevant for now, hence shouldn't be directed to my posts.

7. NYDutch

Dec 28, 2013
    Are you assuming the OP is the only one that might gain information from this public thread?

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope.
    But such info posted here many times and we/you cannot pile up everything in one thread. Counting that fact, each poster don't want to search and read - they want to be spoon feed right away with their own particular questions :(

9. NYDutch

Dec 28, 2013
    We also don't know whether the OP might want more than one tuner per TV with the DVR option at some future point, so knowing the information I posted might help his decision making now to allow for future possibilities.

10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    OK.
    Perhaps it would be beneficial for him reposted a requirement to enable second sat tuner too...

11. NYDutch

Dec 28, 2013
    I'm just suggesting that for his future possible changes, the 211's might not be a good choice going in. If he's sure nothing will change later on, then he can certainly ignore my post. It's not a big deal...

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not forgetting that the thread starter wants a new customer offer ... DISH is going to send him current equipment (such as the Wally) as part of the new customer offer.

NYDutch likes this.