1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish revamps website

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lparsons21, Aug 12, 2010.

1. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    If you haven't looked today, you don't know what you are missing. The new website really lets you look at all aspects of your account.

For me, after looking at all of them, I found I had 2 PPV coupons I didn't know I had. SWEET!!

2. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    ALL aspects? I can't find current amount due - just Statement balance. Recent Activity is MIA (which is what I logged in to look at). Yes, a lot more is available, but I like to see what will be charged (Autopay) in the next few days. It isn't Statement balance, but I can't find out what it is from the web site. I'll try automated assistance on a phone call.

3. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    You can look at the current bill which will show you what will be charged on autopay.

And you can now find out what your committment is and how much to buy it out.

But, I had to close my browser all the way (I'm on a Mac) and then go to the website for everything to work.

4. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    Nope, I can't look at the current bill to see what will be charged with AutoPay. The billed amount has never been the amount I paid for the past year. Although the heading for Payment History says 90 days, I find the whole year present. I've been on AutoPay the whole year, but had to pay a balance with a one time payment in Jan to activate an old 508 for a neighbor (can't have a balance due on the account a receiver was last used on - even if it hasn't been active there in a long time).

Your post has sooo many people looking that I now have trouble navigating what worked fine earlier. :) But here's my payment history for the past year:

07/13 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $31.32
    06/12 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $36.73
    05/13 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $25.52
    03/15 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $66.89
    01/29 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $91.65
    01/12 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $7.32
    07/13 RECURRING CREDIT CARD PAYMENT $7.53

Last Aug, a CSR dropped annual to get HD Platinum added and that produced a credit balance that got eaten up when autopay dates arrived. But none of those ever matched Billed amount either.

It USED to be that you could click Make Payment and it would default to amount due. It defaults to Statement Balance and has an Other where I can make up some random value. The loss of any display for Recent Activity is a big loss. I'm not "doing" any changes - just looking at a credit appearing and making sure I don't get more receivers magically being activated on my account (CSR couldn't find a reason a 942 activated - long after it was no longer possible to activate same).

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    That is some history! :)

My statement and what they charge my card each month has been the same, and actually easy to understand, which was not always the case. Hopefully they will get everything straightened, although this is a big improvement.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I didn't see any changes that mattered...

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    For whatever reason, Dish Network's web folks don't seem to have everything ready to go on their server and completely tweak their stuff before "turning the switch" for public use. So I give the site a day or two anymore. But yes, the changes look like they'll be handy once it's working.

8. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I like the revamp. Nice job Raji and Raji

9. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

Yea let DirecTV copy that!.It would make so many D* subscribers happy compared to,"Surprise! your under a new 24 month commitment"!!!.:eek2::nono2:

10. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Its so nice that its still outdated. See attachment. One of these days someone with a little smarts will update their website. I mean seriously how many years has it been since we had a WB or UPN affiliate?

Dish Incorrect Site.JPG

11. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Hmmm,
    Log into your account, and see what we are talking about. OOPS, you don't have a Dish account so have no idea what anybody is talking about.

12. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Hey, if they're happy with it what do you care?

13. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I get a different error logged in to my account. The page that details the local channels and superstation gives a price of $5.99 for each ... but on the main account page the correct price (locals included, superstations $7) is shown.

14. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Well there are specific reasons besides lack of programming why I can not and will not sign up with E*. Not only is their website outdated but the reps dont know anything about the programming either when you call. I have had them tell me more times then I can count that they can answer questions about programming after I sign up. Im thinking um no who in their right mind wants to commit to two years before know what what programming options they have. NOT ME! Pretty sad that their site lists stations that have not been in existance for what 7 years now?

15. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I like the look and layout of the new My Account page. This is what the OP was talking about.
    My Billing, My Account info, My Programming, My Equipment, My Appointments, My Shipments, My Pay Per View Certificates, My Referrals, My Commitments, and the rest all work fine, and I like the look of it, and the layout to move around in. All the info pertaining to my account is correct, which is nicer yet.

16. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I've been with DirecTV since 1995. All I'm saying is if they are happy the let them be.

17. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    How often do you call?

The stations exist and are still offered as a superstations package. The networks merged but saying the stations do not exist is not true.

18. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    That line is blank on my account... yet I upgraded to a 722k 13 months ago and when I checked a couple of months ago I was told I had a commitment thru July 2011.

Does the blank line indicate no commitment?

19. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Yep pretty bad that Direct still has channel 69 here in San Diego, listed as the CW, its been about 4 years now that it swapped over to being the local Fox Station, instead. But Direct still has it clearly labled, with the nice Green CW logo, they have channel 6 clearly labeled as FOX, when its hasn't been the Fox channel for 4 years. Oh and Dish has the local information correct, unlike Direct. Pretty shameful and very Sad that Direct has such outdated information for important Local Stations.

20. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Thats a good question. I thought I had 4 months left on my commitment, based on a discount I took. My parents account shows they have a commitment left, as they took a discount at the beginning of this year. We need somebody to call in, an verify, and report back.
    I am not looking to leave, but if I can have my account flagged as no commitment left, so much the better, don't want to call in and let them know otherwise.:D