1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH Sound Levels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillJ, Jan 13, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Is it my imagination or has DISH reduced sound levels recently? We pretty knew the sound level to set our TV at on the digital scale displayed when adjusting volume. For most channels it was 36. A few channels had to be set a little higher. Some SD channels running older programming could be set lower. Lately it seems we have to push most channels up about 4 points. Makes me wonder if DISH has reduced volume on everything.

2. crodrules

crodrules Member

Nov 21, 2016
    North...
    It may depend on which type of receiver you are using. Earlier this week, my sister was having problems with her ViP722k, so I replaced it with a spare ViP612 I had laying around, and after the switch, she was surprised at how loud the volume was on her channels, compared to what she was used to.

3. Tiny

Tiny Mentor

Feb 1, 2009
    I’ve had the problem also with VIP 722 if u go into system set up click on audio between line or RF select RF setting it helps a little , but my locals r still louder than Dish channels ...

crodrules likes this.
  4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    How long had it been a spare? Did it take a software update after reactivating it?

5. crodrules

crodrules Member

Nov 21, 2016
    North...
    It hadn't been activated since last April, but I hooked it back up to a satellite signal last month when I had some spare time, because I was planning to reactivate it this month anyway before the cut-off date for activating ViP DVRs. I don't know what software version it had before, but if it needed new software, I assume it took the download sometime during the last month when it was in standby.