1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Stopped Working - HELP!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by marketinghelp, May 7, 2009.

1. marketinghelp

marketinghelp Mentor

Sep 9, 2006
    We have A Dish 625 DVR along with another 522? Receiver in another room. The 522 works fine.

Today, out of the blue, when I turned the TV on, it says "no signal". Now, all the lights on the 625 DVR are on like they should be and it is even recording things (red light is on) at the correct times. The problem is, the signal is not getting to my TV.

I:
    Restarted the DVR
    Checked all of the plugs to make sure nothing is loose
    Made sure the TV was on the correct input

What could be the problem? This just happened out of the blue.

By the way, to be more clear, the "no signal" message is the TV's message, I cannot see anything from my DVR at all.

Thanks.

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    The TV says "No Signal" ?

What input on the TV are you supposed to be using ? RF, Composite, S-Video ? Did you check that ALL cables on the TV are properly hooked up to the source ? Check the cables on the other ends as well ?

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Either the video output of the receiver has died (unlikely, but possible), or far more likely, you have a connection issue (loose cable).

4. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Or even a bad cable. Try different outputs (coax, RCA and/or S-Video). If they work, try a new cable.