1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH & THE WEB?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by capman, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capman

capman Mentor

Mar 23, 2005
    you would think with all the new tech. out their that they could have a web page that works!!!!!!! try to pay your bill on line and its down! which isn't the first time ,what a joke?

2. WhiteForMe

WhiteForMe Mentor

May 29, 2005
    I use the IRD to pay with the interactive menu, it has always worked!

3. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    never had any problems here either with the home feature or online

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...

I talked to a CSR on Sunday and mentioned it to him. I hadn't checked today yet, but as of yesterday I was still getting that "technical difficulties" message while trying to access some functions of my account. :(

5. cdoyle

cdoyle AllStar

Feb 2, 2005
    I tried last night, and got the same thing.

6. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    It's been "Technical Difficulties" for ALL 'good' features more often than not ever since the site was started.

When a so-called programmer can't make the grade on the good E* DVRs, they get dumped on Eldon (921). When they can't make THAT grade (IOW, they can't read or write their name), they become the senior web programmers.

The junior web programmers are those that flunked out of kindergarten. :cool:

7. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    There isn't one word of truth in that quote.

Simon,

I know that you hate DISH but what is the purpose of lying like that? People come here to get relaible information and when you post lies like that it only makes YOU look bad.

8. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well, it just keeps getting better. Now not only do I get the technical difficulties message, but i'm getting a new one from time to time, something about no rearend server or some such thing. Oh well, it seems fixing their website isn't a priority since it's been going on for two or three weeks now. Glad I don't have this kind of problem w/ my receiver.

9. jgoggan

jgoggan Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 2, 2002
    Exactly -- because it was an obvious joke. Unless you actually believe that Dish employs programmers that can't read or write their own names. :rolleyes:

- John...

10. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    No it's OBVIOUSLY not truth, although it often seems like it could be.

I've been in computers for over 30 years, and have seen the best and worst of it.
    I've been in satellites for almost 15 years, and have seen the best and worst of it.

There's simply NO excuse for the poor quality of the E* website (both public and retailer), nor for the crap software of SOME E* receivers like the 921.

Oh, and BTW, I do NOT hate E*. I make a fair chunk of my living installing their stuff, along with D*, and even though I can point & peak a single-LNB D* dish in 30 seconds (yeah, that's right, 30 seconds), and get paid the same for both D* and E* installs, I generally push new customers towards E* for several valid reasons, including the 522/625 receivers.

I know some of you are shaking your heads at that 30-second claim. :D

It's easy (with practice). Plug in the beeper. Set mid-range elevation for your area. Start west of 119. Move east. Whoop(119)-whoop(110)-whoop(101). Nudge, nudge, nudge for high-tone. Done. Heck - it took me longer to type it then do it. :)

11. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    I'm sure your wife can vouch for it. :lol:

12. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    i used it last night worked fine :grin:

13. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002

Some say I am negative but this post sure beat my most negative rantings

14. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Nope, you still have the title Bob H! You're not in any jeopardy of losing it either.....since you won't be going to Direct anytime soon.

15. garypen

Feb 1, 2004
    I get that same message...from my wife.

16. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    A lot of your posts sure do make you seem like a BIG DISH hater. And, I really have to question people like you that make a living in the industry and yet spend so much time bashing DISH. I know that you are frustrated but "biting the hand that feeds you" in a public forum, IMHO, isn't very intelligent and it just makes you look bad. You dealers that are unhappy and are constantly bashing DISH need to find a better way to vent (or find another line of work). To a lot of us, what you are doing isn't constructive and, a lot of it (in our eyes), sure isn't justified.

17. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    :lol: Sorry to hear that.

18. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Dealers are frequently the most knowledgable and aware of the companies troubles that should be fixed.

I knock suppliers of my business for a variety of reasons. These troubles have put a couple companies essentially out of business.... They failed to fix their troubles:(

These companies are laminator manufacturers.

19. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Does she also.... need to vouch for it? :lol:

20. garypen

Feb 1, 2004
    Nah. You can take my word. I've never lied to you. (as far as you know.);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.