Dish trouble

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by billbo, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:28 PM.

1. billbo

billbo New Member

Tuesday
    if i get a hopper with sling and a super joey,how many tunners will i have

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    It's tuners and you would have 5 satellite tuners. You can add the single or dual OTA dongles and have 1 or 2 OTA tuners as well. The OTA dongles only go on the Hoppers - not on the Super Joey.

billbo likes this.
  3. billbo

billbo New Member

Tuesday
    We had to have our dish satellite moved to another spot in the yard about three weeks ago.
    I have a hopper with sling in the living room and a super Joey in the bedroom. And like tonight I was watching live TV in the living room and My wife went to watch live TV and she couldn’t because it said all the tuners took up. We have always been able to watch live TV on both TVs while other shows were recording. This has been happening since the satellite was moved to another spot. I called Dish and they told me that the hopper with sling comes with three tuners and a super Joey Comes with zero. But a regular Joey comes with one tuner. So that’s why I’m here fellas just trying to get some help. Thanks

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Moving the dish would not change the number of tuners in your receivers.

The information scooper provided is correct ... Hopper w/Sling is three tuners (one can be used for all four major local networks at the same time) and Super Joey is two tuners (controlled by the Hopper). A regular Joey or a Joey 4K has no tuners (relies on tuners in the Hopper).

Perhaps something was recording in the background? Or the Super Joey lost the satellite signal if the cabling was changed more than simply moving the dish end of the cable to the new dish location.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I'm with James, something got messed up with the dish move, Time for another service call to get this fixed.

Oh, BTW, a regular Joey has ZERO tuners, it needs the Hopper (and Super Joey if present).

6. billbo

billbo New Member

Tuesday
    Hey thanks everyone for your replies, so after talking with Dish last night that went nowhere. They must have done something because today I am back to back to 5 tuners. Again thanks everyone.

7. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Sounds like maybe the SUper Joey lost authorization and they hit it again.

8. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That overnight reboot may have helped. :)