1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISH vs DIRECT

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Slyster, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slyster

Slyster Icon

May 17, 2005
    WHO IS BIGGER?

I am not asking anything other than one question.

What are the numbers... Who is bigger? DISH or DIRECT?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Directv has about 2 million more customers and is part of News Corp. You know Fox Sports, FOX broadcasting, Newspapers & 20th Century Fox movies. Just a small company.

4. johnzim63

johnzim63 AllStar

Oct 8, 2005
    So does that mean that I'm supporting the fascist Murdoch, being a D* subscriber?? Dammit, I knew there was a catch... :nono:

5. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    You're supporting him to an extent either way, because Dish pays him for his channels, and you probably have seen some of the movies.

In this area I see many more Dish antennas than DTV, probably because Dish had our locals long before Direct. But I like DTV better.

6. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...

Just for clarification. If you read the news release about D suing Lifetime, you will find that the number is now up to 3 million.:D I live in NJ and in the tri state area there are a lot more D customers then E. E doesn't carry enough sports coverage of the local teams and D has a much stronger national ad campaign. Except when it comes to HD, my vote goes to D which I recently switched to after almost 6 years with E.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.