1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Web Site - The requested URL was rejected

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jadebox, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    For the past couple of months, I've been getting an error after logging into the Dish web site:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 7815993494478676050​

This happens no matter what computer, browser, or ISP I use.

I've reported the problem through the "email" contact several times as well as using the chat function. But, it still hasn't been resolved.

Has anyone else had a similar situtation? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks.

-- Roger

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I haven't had any recent troubles using either Safari or Firefox at the Dish Web site.

What browser/versions/operating system? Any other Web site access issues? Do you have any ad/script blockers enabled?

4. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    Not sure if this is related but I couldn't get to dishonline.com yesterday or today - I get a message saying I was redirected too many times.

5. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    works perfectly here

6. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    I got that the other day. I had clicked the wrong thing and tried to click the right one while the first was trying to open. Exited and then tried again and it worked.

7. Jan 1, 2013 #7 of 25
    jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    The error occurs after logging into Dish.com/MyDish.com. I've tried several different browsers, computers, and internet connections. It's definitely a problem on Dish's side of things.

-- Roger

8. Jan 1, 2013 #8 of 25
    CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I log in a couple times a week (often just to check new listing on Blockbuster)...and go thru sign in...haven't experienced this. I wonder if it is a browser specific problem (I use firefox)???

9. Jan 2, 2013 #9 of 25
    jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    I've tried multiple browsers as well as trying to log in from multiple locations. So, it's definitely something on Dish's end.

I was hoping someone else had solved the problem by creating a new online account (can you?) or something else like that.

I'll try contacting Dish again ........

-- Roger

10. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I was able to log into my online account without any issues. You can use the link, Forgot Online ID, to verify your online ID. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues with your online account. Thanks.

11. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Thanks. I have no problem logging in. It's after I've logged in that the error message is displayed. This has been going on for at least a couple of months and is still happening.

I just tried again. I was able to log in. Then I clicked on the "Programming" link and the following was displayed:

Your support ID is: 7815993494532120653​

-- Roger

12. gareed105

gareed105 New Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Have occasionally had this happen to me over the years using Firefox. I found that I can correct the problem by clearing cookies associated with dish. Hope this helps.

13. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That's why I asked earlier about ad/script blockers... I also should have asked if you are accepting cookies from the Dish site.

14. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    Well, that worked for me. I cleared out the Dish Online Cookies and Cached data and was able to load Dishonline.com again. Thanks for the tip!

15. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    I've tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies, even logging on using a PC I'd never used before. I still get the error after logging in.

-- Roger

16. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Sounds like your profile on the Dish website is corrupt.

I'd contact the Dish Website webmaster and have them blow away your on-line account and re-create it

Have you tried using an alternate email address to log on, i.e. create another profile? (not certain if the system will allow this).

17. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Thanks. I've emailed the web master a few times, but this time I'll specifically suggest that they delete and recreate the account.

I tried it recently, but it recognizes that I already have an account.

Thanks!

-- Roger

18. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Last week I used the contact form on the web site to ask, again. for help and suggested that my account be deleted and recreated. Once again, I received no response and I still cannot use the site.

Ray, if you can do whatever magic you can do to help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-- Roger

19. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Okay ... it's been about six months. I've sent dozens of emails and made several phone calls. And, I'm still getting the error when I try to use the web site.

Is there still a way to escalate things up to the CEO level?

-- Roger

20. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    Wow ... it's more than a year later and I still can't use the Dish web site:

Your support ID is: 14242870973975898366

Not a happy camper ...

-- Roger