1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Website Claim More Hd Than Directv! Are They Liars?!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by EFGFE36TWGOU4, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 1, 2007 #1 of 19
    EFGFE36TWGOU4

EFGFE36TWGOU4 Legend

Nov 4, 2006
    http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/our_products/dish_hd/compare/index.shtml

They claim regarding DISH Vs DirecTV, Dish has: More HD station, better DVR, and claim directv DVR can only record 20 hours HD where DISH records 55 hours. Seem like they are not telling the truth here! Directv has clearly taken the lead in HD. Anyone else agree with me?

2. Nov 1, 2007 #2 of 19
    spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    no idea but the adds claim they have more HD plus they do offer both feeds for NHL CI

3. Nov 1, 2007 #3 of 19
    RehabMan

RehabMan Godfather

Mar 11, 2007
    Corporate marketing department... liars... shocking!

4. Nov 1, 2007 #4 of 19
    jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing or down right deceptive practices. :eek2:

5. Nov 1, 2007 #5 of 19
    hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I love the the back and forth, it just pushes D* harder to try to shut E* up. Bottom line for me is quality, not quantity. And D* blows E* out of the water in terms of HD quality (of channels).

E* might be right, however, about their DVR vs the HR20 (other than the number of hours).

6. Nov 1, 2007 #6 of 19
    Zellster

Zellster AllStar

Aug 3, 2007
    Desparate BS in my eyes. It shows they are getting scared. Well, once 3 more HD channels launch, 2 of their "claims" will vanish.

In reality all of their claims have vanished.

7. Nov 1, 2007 #7 of 19
    EFGFE36TWGOU4

EFGFE36TWGOU4 Legend

Nov 4, 2006
    Look here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=914047

i count more than 72 as Dish claims is DirecTV's total HD

By my count from above web site
    DirecTV HD totals:
    Nationals - 50
    Regional sports -9

Part time RSN - 7

Locals- 8 (distant feeds)

HD pay per view 10

+NFL sunday ticket
    +MLB extra innings
    +NHL center ice
    +NBA league pass

50+ 9 + 7 + 8 + 10 + MANY special sports packages =

84 + Many special sports packages

Heck with all of the above DirecTV could claim more than 100 HD stations, right? Yet Dish say's DirecTV only has 72, while Dish claims Dish has 75. Wonder how Dish calculates 72 for directv and 75 for DISH?

8. Nov 1, 2007 #8 of 19
    richiephx

richiephx Godfather

Jan 18, 2006
    I don't understand why people here are so concerned with all the marketing hype that both D* and E* publishes, that they feel compelled to take sides and argue the same issues over and over. Unless you have a financial interest in either company, why do you care? Why worry over something you have no control over. If you are paying for service and you are happy with the provider you have, why should you care what or how they market their business. It has absolutely no impact on the service you are paying for or the programming you are watching. You should be more outraged over the amount of money you have to pay to get the tv programming you do watch. You should be more outraged over your inability to pick and choose and pay for the programming you really want to watch, instead of paying for a bunch of useless channels you rarely watch but have to pay for anyway. Desperate or scared, I think not. It's just a corporate game called advertising. Both D* and E* play the game well.

9. Nov 2, 2007 #9 of 19
    fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    It really is not fair to count Distants since only a small group is entitled to receive them. I believe DISH is speaking of full-time channels so we need to remove those 7 part time RSN's as well. Even if I am wrong, let's humor me and take them out anyway. Removing those 2 would leave us with 69 and D* needing to add 4 more HD channels immediately.

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ah, the counting wars continue .. Not sure where DISH gets off saying 20 hours for the HR20 .. perhaps if you record MPEG-2 HBO, but with MPEG4, I get quite a bit more than 20.

11. jjohns

jjohns Godfather

Sep 15, 2007
    Once you understand this is a DirecTV site, a lot makes more sense.

12. bobshults

bobshults AllStar

Jun 16, 2006
    Caveat emptor!

13. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Why doesn't this board stop all these threads and put up a forum "official" count based upon what we think... It would do a lot to quell these threads...

14. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007

Okay, my official count is 27...cause that's all I watch.

15. irishelvis

irishelvis Cool Member

Oct 27, 2006
    The are also still carring the old VOOM channels. Those are not national HD channels since they are the only ones to get them.

Deduct:

Animania
    Gallery
    Family Room
    Gameplay
    King Fu
    Monsters
    Equator
    Rave
    Rush
    Film Fest
    Ultra

They were crap with VOOM and they are still crap

16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I liked it much better when nearly every thread was a "When is D10 gonna light up?" thread rather than now when nearly every thread is a seemingly endless rehashing of how everybody counts their stupid HD channels.

ENOUGH. Please let the chest beating end!

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

17. projectorguru

projectorguru Godfather

Mar 5, 2007

Now thats funny, my count is 24 cuz thats all I watch, Dish's count as of now is 0 cuz i'm on the net

18. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    It's like a "cat fight," You just can't resist watching all the clawing and the hair pulling.

19. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Otay...

"HD Count" threads... they must be down in the General Sat discussion forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.