1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish WFMJ Local 21

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by fmcomputer, Jul 9, 2012.

1. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    Just a note that DISH and Local Channel 21 WFMJ is no longer available thru Dish because of contract dispute - Nice going guy's

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Just noticed this yesterday. I get WFMJ guide data because I sometimes get it OTA. Ironically WBCB (the CW subchannel 21.2) guide data is not affected.

BTW: if your Dish receiver has OTA capabilities you should still be able to get WFMJ, just without guide data replaced by the attention message).

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
  4. darkpowrjd

darkpowrjd Mentor

Jul 10, 2012
    I have AdBlock installed, so I don't see that or any other ads (thank GOD).

But I do notice the "hard line stance" phrase being used more than once in that FAQ. Perhaps it's Dish that needs to budge and compromise on some of these, if this is accurate that Youngstown isn't the only market that Dish has done this to. I wonder if this is why the AMC thing is still not resolved.

Maybe DISH needs a change higher up if they are going to keep doing this and never give an inch to anyone.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I went back to the link and the Dish ad was replaced by a dog food ad. I guess the ads change and may be based on the surfer's cookies. (I don't know why I would get a dog food ad, I have cats)

BTW: WFMJ is unique because it is one of the few locally owned network affiliates. It's not part of a larger group, so no other market's stations are involved in the Dish dispute.

6. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    I do have OTA, but that does not help DVR..

7. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Do you know how to set manual timers? I have to do it all the time for some subchannels and a program I record off one of the Sirius channels.

Isn't it ironic that WBCB's guide data is still there?

8. fmcomputer

fmcomputer Legend

Oct 14, 2006
    Youngstown....
    Thanks for the offer , but I figured it out..

9. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Is WFMJ back on E*? I noticed that the "Important notice" is gone from the EPG and the program guide has returned.