1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish Won't Let Me Have Voom

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by welchwarlock, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 1, 2005 #1 of 36
    welchwarlock

welchwarlock Legend

Jan 5, 2005
    I was running both Dish and Voom.

Called April 30th to see what I had to do to keep the Voom programming. Was told to call back on May 1st.

Called them today, and was told that since I was already a Dish Network customer, that I was not eligible to subscribe to the Voom channels.

I was told that I could Cancel my Dish Network Account, Wait 6 months, then I could get the Voom programming.

I told them they were out of their minds and asked why am I being penalized for being an existing subscriber? He then checked his database and said that I did not have Line of Sight to the 61.5 Satellite anyways. I explained that I have been receiveing Voom for the last year, and it works fine.

He said they could not help me, I am not eligible to receive the programming.

I have just about had it Dish. Tired of being crapped on.

Regards.

Robert Cook

2. May 1, 2005 #2 of 36
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Moving to General Dish discussion.

Robert, call back and keep calling back until you talk to someone that will give them to you. There's lots of discsussion about this in the correct forum for it.

3. May 1, 2005 #3 of 36
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I do find all the horror stories today to be amazing... I don't doubt some people are having a hard time... but I have to wonder why?

I know customer service can be disconnected from the body sometimes... but is it really this bad?

The more I read, the more I feel a little badly that my activation call this afternoon was so smooth.

4. May 1, 2005 #4 of 36
    bcope9

bcope9 Mentor

Jun 7, 2004
    Mine was easy, had a Dish n Up uprade today to an 811, had the csr on the retailer side do all of it. That side seems to be a little more knowledgble about the new stuff. They are also nicer to the customers, they don'e play to well with the installers tho, but she was in the know.

5. May 1, 2005 #5 of 36
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Keep calling in, Robert. You'll get an up-to-speed CSR eventually.

If you still have problems, copy/paste your post above and send it to ceo@echostar.com

Keep us advised

6. May 1, 2005 #6 of 36
    Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
    They probably have your account flagged for harassment, 'cause you ragged on their firmware programmers. :D

7. May 1, 2005 #7 of 36
    Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    That is just CRAZY that they are telling customers to cancel Dish for six months in order to get the VoOM package. What in the world are they thinking? Email ceo@dishnetwork.com Someone said that they got the $100 fee waived for getting the other dish setup to work. That is recommended if you have DishPro hardware and need a switch for 110/119 (and 105/121) in addition to 105.

8. May 1, 2005 #8 of 36
    Arlo_Gut

Arlo_Gut New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    This may make you feel a little better, I was a Dish subscriber for 3 yrs and went to Voom. I had Voom for just over a month when they said "this party is over" I called back to Dish and asked if I could get back with them since I was a good customer and I got the proverbal "NO" I called back three more times and finally got in touch with one of the supervisors. After a little sweat talk, they not only reinstated me, but I am having the install on Wed, with the two dishes and Voom programming. I even got a "Thank You" for returning.

Arlo

9. May 1, 2005 #9 of 36
    invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Man stories like this make you want to shove a cattle prod up the CSR's nether regions. I am utterly amazed that they even consider telling existing customer's that they can't have programming.

How many bridges are they willing to burn?

10. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    I bet the CSR thought you were asking for the $19.99 promotional price for AT120 I think? They probably didn't realize that you wanted the additional HD channels for $5.00 added to your account.

The only way to get that promotional price (or any new customer promotion) is to not be a customer for 6 months.

11. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Why would they not let you return if you was with them before? That is rediculous!

12. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I wonder if it depends not only on who you get, but how you ask...

When I called... I got through virtually instantly... and all I said when asked how he could help me was "I would like to activate the new HD channels". I didn't mention Voom at all.

The guy asked how many dishes I had, and I told him I had two since I had mine up from my original HD install years ago when it was required... and let him know I could see the new channels in my guide, just needed them turned on.

He did some magic and told me about the $5 per month.. and it was a done deal. I don't think he even mentioned the word Voom during the conversation.

13. Tomos

Tomos AllStar

Jan 16, 2005
    Just call untill you get a decent csr they will add them for you with no problem.

14. Larry

Larry AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    That sounds like the same CSR that I got. Unfortunately, it took three calls to get connected to a CSR that knew what was going on. How can Dish be getting JD Power awards when you have to play CSR roulette? :confused:

15. JerryR

JerryR Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 17, 2004
    Sheesh! Is David Spade doing double duty over at Dish?

16. welchwarlock

welchwarlock Legend

Jan 5, 2005
    well, I called, got a different CSR... I am told I need to get a new switch to add in the 61.5 satellite...if dish sends someone out, it will be $100 for the service call. . Now I need to know what the part number is of the switch I need. I have 3 dishes, 2 receivers.

17. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    We're going to need more information than that, Robert. What are your 3 dishes, where do they point, and are the LNBs legacy or DishPro (black DP logo on them)?

Mostly likely you'll need a DPP44 switch, unless there's other factors involved.

18. welchwarlock

welchwarlock Legend

Jan 5, 2005
    2 Dish Network Dishes (Not Dish Pro), and 1 Voom Dish. I will have to get the pointing of the Dish Satellites later, but I have 2 so that I can get Dallas PBS which they grouped with the Dallas Spanish channels on a different bird.

19. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    You don't need the 148 dish any longer ch 2 is no longer PBS it is now a religious broadcaster. PBS is only on CH 13 now and is on the 110 satellite. You should be ok with a SW-64 switch the VOOM dish will even work with the SW-64. You probably already have the SW-64 if you were getting 148, or you could have a Twin with SW-21s if you only have 2 receivers. The Twin with SW-21s would also work you would just have to swap the VOOM 61.5 for the DISH 148.

20. welchwarlock

welchwarlock Legend

Jan 5, 2005
    Thanks for the info. I will swap the 148 and the 61.5 and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.