DishArc Q... merging files from different partitions possible?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by kilohertz, Sep 25, 2020.

1. kilohertz

kilohertz New Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Hi guys,

I accidentally let my 2TB EHD fill up to only 5 hours remaining and now I need to split it into two drives. I am wondering if it matters if the DishArc files (the 4 files in the 8 digit folder) need to go into the same 537GB partition in the new drive? ie, PART 1 file need to go into the same 537GB part , say the bottom one as indicated in Linux directory, or could they go into the 389GB partition? I am also thinking of restructuring my EHDs so that I have sports on one, cooking on another etc. but for that I would have to transfer to internal then back to the correct EHD.

Anyway, long story short, can the file folders within each of the 4 partitions go anywhere on the new drive?

thx and Cheers!

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I bet not.

3. kilohertz

kilohertz New Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Thinking about it now, I could take a new 2TB drive and let the receiver format it, then plop 2 files in each partition and see if I get 8 files when I plug it. A fun experiment...if you like this sort of stuff . :)

cheers