1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DishComm - I give up

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by thefunks67, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    I have been trying forever and a day to get my 2nd 622 to work with my primary 622 with the Ethernet connection and with NO luck. I can see the primary 622 from the secondary 622 but for the love of god the secondary 622 will not use the broadband connection of the primary 622. Boith are plugged directly into the wall no UPS's or surge protectors.

Any tips?

Both 622's have 4.46.

-Funk

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    The purpose of DishComm is to share the phone line not the Ethernet connection. I have never seen anything indicating the Ethernet connection can be sharred between receivers via DishComm. Each receiver will need its own Ethernet connection so each one has its own unique IP address. The two receivers could not share an IP address and work very well.

3. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Yeah.. Have to agree with Chuck. DishComm was not designed to work with the Ethernet connection. DishComm is a phone line share technology.

4. thefunks67

thefunks67 Godfather

Feb 4, 2007
    Ok, well dang. I could have swore someone had it working. Looks like I was wrong.

Thanks

-Funk

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    DishComm is, as others have just said, just for communicating between the receivers and right now the only purpose is for sharing the phone line.

But... if you have a Homeplug 1.0 compliant adapter plugged in at your router... the receiver will get an IP address that way and connect to the internet directly. That is how I have my ViP receiver hooked to the internet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.