DishMove - two different stories

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by champion6, Sep 22, 2011.

1. champion6

champion6 Cool Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I hate it when I get two different CSRs with two different results…

I’m not in a contract and I will be moving from Illinois to Florida. I have a 722 and will keep it for one HD and one SD set. I will add two 612’s for two new HD sets. I will turn in a 625 because we sold two SD sets.

First call – I was told there will be a charge of $99.99 for each 612. My monthly bill will be $101.98. We didn’t discuss installation fees. We had to stop the call when I told her the installation date. It was beyond 30 days and she couldn’t schedule it. OK, I’ll call back later.

Second call – I waited until I’m within 30 days (waited about a week) and called back. I was told I have to enter a 24-month contract which has a $240 pro-rated cancellation fee. The 612’s will be free and the installation will be free. My monthly bill will be $101.98. This saves me $198.99 cash and I don’t mind the contract. I proceeded to schedule the move/installation.

Am I in for any unforeseen surprises? Were both CSRs right?

2. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    If you would like I can review your account and verify that what you were told was accurate. Please PM your phone or account number so I can assist you further. Thank you!

3. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011

4. champion6

champion6 Cool Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Raymond, thanks for the PM. And Inkosaurus, thanks for the reply.