1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DishPhone?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by SayWhat?, Dec 12, 2012.

1. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-service-wins-approval-by-u-s-regulators.html

(Maybe Chucky'll pay me for that name.)

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    it'l be known as the D-phone in the Hood.

3. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
  4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I'm freakin' thrilled. Dish-run, Google-direct cell service. WOO

5. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Can't wait :rolleyes:

6. acer

acer Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Dec 13, 2012
    "losing subsribers"

yup cause directv is kicking their asses. :D

7. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    I think that's a little overboard to say that. From what I can see in my neck of the woods folks are leaving Directv in droves. Used to be tons of my neighbors had Directv....today, you'd be hard pressed to find a neighbor still with them. Pac 12 Network (and the lack of CSN-NW) pushed most out to Comcast and a few of us went with Dish.

For months Comcast hit the neighborhood hard with incredible sign up specials and reminders they had the college games and the Blazers and Directv didn't. It worked because few are left with Directv.

Century Link guys started coming around and pushing their bundles a short while later.....but the guy conceded to me it was a tough sell because people in the neighborhood were fed up with not having their sports and he was not selling too many conversions to the Century Link bundles....

Whether this is true everywhere, I can't say. But right here right now Directv is a non-player in my neighborhood. They had a ton of us and we all left. It's reality here.

8. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Nope.
    Most like all tv providers are getting there asses handed to them slowly by streaming services.
    It wont last for ever though.