Disney+ Gets 10 Million Subcribers In 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by CraigerM, Nov 13, 2019.

1. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I haven't subscribed to Disney+ but this got me thinking, what if AT&T gets this with HBO/Max? Would they even need DTV and AT&T TV and they would want to have it down to just HBO/Max? Would just having HBO/Max make them more revenue than having HBO/Max, DTV and AT&T TV? If AT&T just had HBO/Max they wouldn't need to go through the hassle of channel negotiation when channel contracts expire. Or does AT&T not mind doing that?

Disney+ Added Over 10 Million Subscribers In Just Over 24 Hours - Cord Cutters News

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And that is why they didn't do a soft release. The bigger headline.

It is unfortunate that the first day issues also created headlines.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    CraigerM, from what I read, people who already sub to HBO like we do through DirecTV wont be paying for HBO MAX so its hardly the same as Disney got a new or additional 10 million paying subs. It would take a lot more from HBO to get there in my opinion. Its typically not for kids not saying they dont have kid friendly programming just that its not a known source for parents to go to for kid friendly programming. Disney plus is for people of all ages. Im 40 and I got it for myself just as much if not more than I did for my kids. Im not worried about HBO MAX or Peacock which they are talking may be free.

There are all kinds of ways to do this. Look at CBS. They made exclusive content for CBS ALL ACCESS like the new Star Trek and the Good Wife spinoff. They aired the first episodes on live TV (imagine most pay a provider somewhere from $2-$5 a month for CBS). Then after the episodes aired they said you now have to pay $7.99 a month for our streaming app to watch these series. While Im sure its extra money for them when someone signs up for CBS All Access, they will never get the numbers either I doubt. Why should I pay CBS another $8 a month on top of what I pay DirecTV for them just to watch some exclusive content I should already be getting?

4. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    do you think in the future the Disney and Hulu partnership they would add Hulu Plus?

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It may push the price point higher than Disney+ wants to go.

6. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
  7. espaeth

espaeth AllStar

Oct 13, 2003
    Hulu Plus isn't a thing that exists anymore?

There is regular Hulu which is their on-demand catalog of network and original programming, you can subscribe with Limited Commercials or No commercials. (Live TV is another option that can be added on to either version of the base package)

Disney has already charted out that Disney+ will be their home for family programming, and more of the adult programming will be going to Hulu. Disney just announced that they'll be pushing FX produced content to Hulu starting next year: Disney's 'FX on Hulu' Plan Snubs Pay TV in Battle to Boost Digital