1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display on front of 722

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by lisacor, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lisacor

lisacor Mentor

Aug 18, 2008
    Is there any way to display preferably the time or worse case the channel on the front of the 722? My cable box displayed my choice of either the time or channel. Sorry for the trivial question. I didn't see any place in the manual that discussed this or even in the menu options.

Thanks in advance.

2. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    There's no display on the front of the 722, so no, you can't display the time or channel.

There are just LEDs for power on, single or dual mode, and recording tuner 1 or tuner 2.

3. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Make up little paper channel numbers and tape them to the front?:D :hurah: :D

Sorry, I could not pass that one up.

4. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    Hit cancel on the remote—it shows BOTH channel and time on the TV screen. Much better than one or the other with Cable. ;)

5. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Why do people ask STUPID questions like this? Seeing the receiver has no capability for display I do consider this a stupid question.

6. FastNOC

FastNOC Godfather

Sep 11, 2007
    Why do people have to make stupid comments regarding people asking for help?

Moron

I see the point he's making though. it's better to see it displayed rather than have to grab the remote and click a button.

With my DirecTivo I could use a special code and it would put a clock at the bottom right of the screen. very small so it was out of the way. It also showed the remaining time when playing DVR recordings.

7. jimborst

jimborst Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    But it says they looked in the manual, so they must own one, and if you would look at the front of the 722 you would see there is NO display.

8. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Maybe the OP thought it may have been hidden behind the door?

9. Taco Lover

Taco Lover Icon

Jan 8, 2007
    I hope that moron comment wasn't toward me... or anyone for that matter. Name calling ain't right. :nono:

Anyway, if the OP owns a 722, than it's painfully obvious that there is no display on the front. Why even ask a question like that?

10. grog

grog Godfather

Jul 2, 2007
  11. ShapeShifter

ShapeShifter Godfather

Apr 21, 2008
    That's about the only thing I miss about my old cable box DVR -- the front panel clock. It was nice in the bedroom to have the clock on all of the time, whether or not the TV was on -- it made it easy to roll over in the middle of the night and look at the time.

Sadly, the Dish 722 receiver has no display capabilities. :nono:

12. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    You can get a perfectly good alarm clock for well under $10 from any Walmart...

13. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sure, just one more thing to plug into ALL those extra outlets that are waiting to be used.

14. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These "stick ons" battery clocks and a number of others are available from Amazon and other sites.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.