1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distant locals eligibility question.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MikeD., Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeD.

MikeD. New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    I just moved to Jamestown, NY from the Philadelphia area and was excited when I went and checked to see if I was eligible to get Distant Networks. Well, all networks are showing as eligible, however, when I ask Direct about them, they are telling me that they still have to send out waivers. Is this correct? I thought if you were "eligible" on their website that you can automatically get them.

Thanks,
    Mike D.

2. spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    Keep playing CSR roulette. You will eventually get one that can correctly read the screen and turn on your distants, if indeed you do qualify to get them.

3. Link

Link Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2004
    CSR's are so confused all the time. Don't they have any job training? A Dish CSR asked if I wanted a waiver for ABC since we have none in our local area. I don't need a waiver when you already qualify for it!!

If the site says eligible then you can get it without a waiver.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Actually, I think being eligible means that you will get the waivers okayed. :) They still need to send them to your local stations.

5. MikeD.

MikeD. New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Got it figured out. The first CSR put in the wrong address. It took me insisting on being transferred to second level support to get my account read back to me. Sheesh.

Mike D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.