1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distant networks in HD....when?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by terfmop, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terfmop

terfmop Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    Does anyone have any new information (or rumors) about when E* will make the distants available in HD?

2. ZigSteenine

ZigSteenine Legend

Apr 18, 2006
    You can watch sh1t from Europe and the middle east. How distant are you looking for?:D

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    If you look at the thread about the court decision on distant threads and dish, the anwer looks to be never.

4. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    never ever more

5. Doggfather

Doggfather AllStar

Apr 19, 2004
    They will eventually replace the national network feeds in HD though wont they? would that mean getting rid of for example 243, 247 etc? There must be some special afreement in place there for those channels. I am amazed that it doesnt follow over to HD equivalents!?

-D

6. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Read this thread.
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=58307

Although Dish is not done arguing it, they may well be forced to stop carrying any distant Networks.

This does not effect carrying your locals assuming they do, or apparently the special arrangement with CBS for at least certain locations (might effect those who were in White Areas).

7. Dfal

Dfal New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    With the new aggrement reached with the networks,is there going to be a possibility of my distant networks now being offered in HD.(Other than CBS now being offered)

8. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    I thought there was a deal for a NBC HD like CBS HD for O&O? I thought it came up at a recent convention?

Is this no longer going to happen? (Of course, unless it is in MPEG2, it won't help me.)

Rasheed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.