1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMA: Atlanta GA - WPBA

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by Bagman, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Bagman

Bagman Cool Member

Aug 14, 2004
    I am having trouble receiving my local OTA station WPBA. I was able to receive this station (I am only 10 mile from the station tower) in the past but at some point over the last several months I cannot tune it in. I recently upgraded to the 722 (had a 622) and cannot tun in WPBA on this receiver either. When I try to "add a local" channel and type in 21, it shows signal in the 70% range but it will not lock. I have a SONY SXRD TV and it receives WPBA on channel 21.3 with no problem, while my OLEVIA receives WPBA on channel 21.1. So it looks like I can get the channel on the two TVs but not the Dish receiver? Anyone else having this problem?

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    In Tucker, you're probably getting strong multi-path signals, especially if you are
    using an indoor antenna. I suggest you consider using a directional UHF antenna
    with multi-path (side-signal) rejection. Also, contact the chief engineer at WPBA
    for more specific recommendations.

3. Bagman

Bagman Cool Member

Aug 14, 2004
    Actually I have an outdoor 4 bay Winguard UHF antenna. The fact that my two TVs pick the channel up OK would indicate to me that I don't have the multi-path issue. However one TV reports the channel as 21.1 and the other reports it as 21.3. I am thinking that PBA has a PSIP problem. Do you have an email for PBA engineering?