1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS pricing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by georget3, May 7, 2009.

1. georget3

georget3 New Member

May 7, 2009
    I've been with D* for 13 years. I live in the NY DMA and obtained wavers for all 4 networks 13 years ago long before my locals were available. At that time only NBC was considered a local station from NY. I also received at that time the west coast channels from Seattle, SF and LA. 8 years or so ago all the NY locals were added and the west coast feeds changed and came out of LA. I still get the DNS from LA in STD and my NY locals in HD on the lower channels and on 390-398. My question is, I am paying $3.50 per network channel (LA/NY) when I read it's only $2.99 per channel. With my package I should be getting my NY locals included. I called D* and was told the $3.50 is the charge for NY/LA DNS. Is this charge correct?

2. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Yes it is. Thats what they charge for both coasts for DNS feed for each affiliate. It was $2.99 but it went up when the price increase hit in march.

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    If you live in the NY DMA then you're paying a lot of money per mo to have LA SD feeds. You could have more locals then you get now for $3 or $6 depending on what package you have.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I assume that the OP gets the NY HD networks now as part of his locals, so unless he needs the LA SD versions, drop the DNS and save $3.50/network/month.